AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie Information Research is seeking an established Technical Lead to develop and integrate applications to support the high-performing, large scale technology capabilities of the AbbVie R&D Convergence Hub (ARCH). They will lead technical engagement with various partners and technical specialists across functional disciplines to ensure the success of the ARCH. Working in close alignment with other leaders on the ARCH-Ops team, the Technical Lead will oversee code development, containerization/release management, and other DevOps functions for the ARCH Platform.
This is an opportunity to join the team building an integrated R&D data and analytics platform, powering data-driven insights that ultimately lead to better, faster decisions and therapies for patients. You will help enable and grow our culture of data driven insights and decision making, improving R&D productivity by shortening cycle times. Most importantly, by helping to unlock information like deeper understanding of novel therapies, biomarkers that are predictive of response, novel endpoints, and more, you will help find cures to make a remarkable impact in the lives of our people and patients.
- Work with various stakeholder to determine ARCH platform requirements and developing work schedules for the team
- Implementing the best practices and coding standards of the project
- Champion code quality, reusability, scalability security and help make strategic software architecture decisions with the development team
- Integral part of integrating the COTS solutions with ARCH Platform through HTTP, JDBC/ODBC and other supported methods
- Lead the automated deployment stream building, deploying and running applications with a goal of 100% automation and observability
- Transfer knowledge and promote new technologies within the user community through one-on-one help sessions and documentation
- Support the development team in development and deployment activities, by offering the necessary tools, frameworks, and libraries for efficient development
- Participate in daily standups and Agile Ceremonies
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing activities, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor.
- May mentor/supervise a team of one or more and guide and evaluate the performance of those individuals; is accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree 7 years of experience, Master’s Degree 6 years of experience, PhD 2 years of experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Requires in‐depth knowledge of the systems development life cycle, client area’s functions and systems, and systems application program development technological alternatives.
- Proven implementation of creative technology solutions that advanced the business.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Experience in designing and overseeing the implementation of full stack projects from start to finish
- Strong knowledge in developing and deploying applications utilizing the AWS native services
- Proficiency with automated unit and integration testing with various COTS and custom solutions
- Expertise in design, Develop and maintain multi-stage Jenkins pipelines for the platform creation, maintenance like updates/upgrades
- At least one project experience on the event driven architecture to move the data throughout the data life cycle
- Strong familiarity and design experience in build the loosely coupled data processing, curation, and publication PySpark components
- Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously from start to completion
- Driving branching best practices to safely deliver code to production at a high velocity
- Experience in DevOps process, utilizing tools such as CloudFormation, and CI/CD(Jenkins) Pipelines.
- Implement scalable and re-locatable deployment strategies through automation/orchestration, scripting, and containerization in AWS
- Prior experience with Cloudera Data Platform a plus
- Technical background in healthcare, laboratory diagnostics, medical devices or pharmaceutical companies a plus
- Technical Stack: Python, Shell script, Groovy, Jenkins, AWS, RDBMS, NoSQL, Git, API, Linux (OS), Automation, Integrations (SAML,Federation), Cloud Formation (IaC), Docker, Containerization, Jira, confluence
- Ability to work in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Ability to benchmark systems, analyze system bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them
- Ability to clearly articulate pros/cons of various technologies and platforms
- Ability to manage time and deliver results across multiple workstreams at once
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple groups within the organization and effectively collaborate with external partners
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.