Senior Manager, Decision Support Group
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Provides advanced analytical support for teams, and for portfolio and LRP planning processes. Executes highly complex decision and spreadsheet model/template construction, de-bugging and troubleshooting, checks data veracity, and supports generation of model insights for team review. Constructs and manages more complex portfolio analysis and prioritization tools and databases. Provides decision team meeting facilitation support and participates actively with decision project leader in data gathering and assessments. Expected to perform duties with a fair degree of independence. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Construct complex decision analysis models to reflect technical and commercial interactions of a project / asset. Responsible for the quality and functionality of the model. Flexibility and “user friendliness” of complex models is essential.
- Perform probabilistic modeling utilizing appropriate decision analysis models. Discuss insights obtained with senior members of the Decision Support Group and decision team.
- Oversee management of portfolio and LRP data files and databases, lead portfolio and LRP data aggregation, and contribute to analyses.
- Provide advanced facilitation support for DSG-led team and management meetings (prepare meeting materials, record information gathered at meetings, and write-up minutes/action items); archive assessments, rationale, assumptions and other pertinent information
- Participate in data gathering and assessments in support of decision analysis projects and portfolio / LRP processes
- Keep abreast of latest tools and techniques in decision analysis / portfolio analysis
- Responsible for successful completion of modeling, analytical and facilitation assignments in timely manner.
- Accountable for quality, flexibility, and user-friendliness of complex models, and for quality of portfolio database and tools.
- Advanced degree (e.g., Ph.D., MS) in life sciences or data analysis preferred, as well as advanced business degree or 2+ years of demonstrated business acumen (e.g., consulting experience)
- At least 2 years’ experience in HealthCare industry
- Experience with financial and/or decision problem modeling
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Enrich and/or other modeling and database software
- Strong logical and analytical skills, ability to rapidly integrate new information
- Good interpersonal and general communication skills
- Proficiency with Decision Analysis techniques (Monte Carlo and Decision Tree analyses, sensitivity analysis, waterfall, and tornado charts) strongly preferred
- Completion of SDG Inc. “Decision Consulting Workshop” or equivalent preferred
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.