Associate Scientist II/Scientist I, In-vivo
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie is seeking an experienced, hands-on in-vivo scientist to join the In Vivo Pharmacology team at the Cambridge Research Center in Cambridge, MA. This individual will be responsible for designing and executing in vivo studies to support Parkinson’s Disease drug discovery projects.
- Working closely with team members to design and execute in vivo experiments to support drug discovery efforts including target identification, target validation and efficacy of novel molecules
- Developing new technologies and methods to understand disease pathophysiology and target biology
- Responsible for implementation of in vivo studies and data collection as well as interpretation/analysis and presentation of results as needed
Position will be hired based on level of experience.
- Bachelors or Masters in biology or related field with typically 3 - 5+ (Bachelors) or 0 - 2+ (Masters) years of neuroscience-related experience required.
- The candidate must have hands on experience conducting in vivo studies, and should be skilled in ID, IN, IV, IP, SC, RO and rodent necropsy techniques.
- Experience with stereotaxic surgery is preferred.
- Experience working with transgenic models of neurodegenerative disease is a bonus.
- Experience with biochemistry (e.g. ELISAs, WB) and histology preferred, but not required.
- Ability to conduct studies under minimal supervision is required, with independent work expected on daily tasks and in-vivo assays.
- Strong organizational skills that enable multitasking and working within timelines
- Ability to execute experiments independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to work across functions and across sites.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.