Research Associate I - Roan Lab
The Roan Lab is now accepting applications for a Research Associate (RA). The RA will assist the Roan Lab in projects relating to understanding the host determinants of HIV infection, particularly in mucosal tissues. Our main approaches include ex vivo tissue infection models and multi-parameter single-cell phenotyping analysis of datasets generated by flow cytometry, mass cytometry, and single-cell RNAseq. Preference will be for candidates that have some undergraduate lab experience, and that have some programming experience particularly in R. Recent graduates with plans on applying for medical/graduate school are encouraged to apply.
- Tissue culture laboratory work
- Molecular biology laboratory work
- Designing and executing experiments
- Analyzing data, including running/modifying R scripts
- Bachelor’s degree in a biology-related field or Associate's degree and 2+ years of related experience
- Basic knowledge in biology and molecular biology
- Willingness to learn, optimize, and troubleshoot new techniques under supervision
- Attention to detail is required throughout most procedures
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral/written communication and analytical skills
- Demonstrated record of excellent attendance and reliability
- Hands-on experience working in a research laboratory, preferably with tissue/cell culturing
- Some experience in a programming language, preferably R
- Basic knowledge of statistical analysis
- Experience in running scripts
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Be a part of big ideas and consider Gladstone. Your difference will make a difference in human health.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.