Research Technologist- Histology & Light Microscopy Core
The Histology and Microscopy Core is looking to hire a Research Technologist I. The Research Technologist I will work under the guidance of senior staff to drive the day-to-day operations of the Core. The ideal candidate will:
- Assist in the operation and maintenance of scientific equipment such as tissue processors, microtomes, automated slide stainer, microtomes/cryostats and microscopes.
- Perform or receive training to perform histology procedures: tissue grossing, PFF/Cryo-fixation, processing, paraffin/OCT embedding, PFF and cryo-sectioning, routine (H&E) and complex tissue/cell slide staining (immunohistochemistry/IHC, immunofluorescence/IFA, in situ hybridization/ISH, TUNEL and other assays)
- Perform or receive training to perform bright field, polarizing, epifluorescence, confocal and light sheet microscopy; and image analysis using tools such as ImageJ, Imaris and others software
- Maintain stocks and reorder as necessary: recording and updating core inventories
- Interact with Core’s users: responding to user queries, scheduling and performing user training and consulting on experimental design
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate data in written and oral modalities in both informal and formal settings.
- Generate and manage meticulous method protocols, data, and analysis reports in a clear and highly organized fashion.
- Highly pay attention to details, enjoy problem-solving and brain-storming, and be team oriented
- AA/AS degree and 2+ years of experience.
- BS/BA/MS degree and 1+ years of experience.
- Experience with light microscopy and digital image analysis, a plus
- Experience with Histology, IHC, and IFA, a plus
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint…)
- Familiarity with ImageJ, Imaris and other image analysis software, a plus
- Experience with common lab practices and safety.
Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Be a part of big ideas and consider Gladstone. Your difference will make a difference in human health.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.