Product Manager, Chemistry
Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling’s applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanity’s most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world’s most renowned research institutes.
We started with a focus on large molecules (biologics), and now we’re expanding our product to better support the needs of cutting edge research, which often require a unified software platform that can support not only large and small molecules, but novel drug modalities that blur the lines between the two. As such, we're looking for a Product Manager who will launch, drive, and evolve our support for small molecules and new modality types. This will require a mix of functionality from traditional chemistry informatics tooling to molecular biology registration and design systems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will create strong, collaborative relationships across the business that are built fundamentally on trust and communication, which will enable you to move extremely quickly while maintaining alignment. This will be true not only across engineering, product, and design, but also with our go-to-market teams across Sales, Marketing, Customer Experience, and more.
- You will partner with and obsess over our customers, constantly refining your understanding of their needs and the market and opportunities they represent.
- In collaboration with our engineering, product, and design teams, you will strategically plan, prioritize, and deliver customer value that enables support for small molecules and modified biologics across the Benchling platform.
- You will evangelize and be a chemistry subject matter expert within the company.
- You will measure the impact of your work by defining success metrics, tracking progress, and adapting your plans based on insights from that data.
WHO YOU ARE
- Have 5+ years working in product management on SaaS products and experience in small molecule research and design
- A strong problem solver that can gather, prioritize, and drive execution on customer and business requirements, turning them into successful product strategies
- Deeply execution focused and can drive a cross-functional team to a common goal
- Possess influential leadership and interpersonal skills that enable you to build strong relationships with customers, company peers, and executives
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.