Product Manager - Marketing (Vaccines Portfolio)
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The Product Manager is an integral part of the marketing team responsible for developing and executing the short to midterm tactical plans for the vaccine portfolio. He/she will have day-to-day oversight of activities designed to help the brand managers implement relevant programs and tactics as part of our differentiation strategy to create meaningful value to our customers. The Product Manager will have productive relationships with the Field Force, the Customer Experience team, Training, and other key stakeholders and will be responsible for fully understanding product performance, program KPIs, customer needs, and new sales-facing tools and programs. He/she will work to streamline processes to accelerate revenue-generating opportunities.
Collaborate with brand marketers to optimize marketing efficiency and effectiveness
• Support the deployment and execution of tools/resources that improve the selling process
• Work with Marketing Operation to ensure the inventory management, audit, print, allocation, and seasonal update of Field Force selling tools
• Works closely with Material Copy Clearance (MCC) to develop and modify content in collaboration with stakeholders across Medical Affairs, Compliance, Regulatory and Legal
• Manage/track Advertising & Promotional (A&P) budgets in conjunction with Finance and procurement to ensure appropriate spend against monthly phasing and established ROI
• Take the initiative with routing projects through Procurement and relevant internal processes to develop task orders, MSA’s, and misc. terms & conditions
• Assist with product management activities such as updating user guides, launching products, and managing external stakeholder relationships
Work with Sales leadership and brand marketers to ensure alignment of sales and marketing strategies
• Own communication between sales and marketing, including optimization of Field Advisory Board (FAB) and internal Field Force engagement platform (Crowdcity)
• Collaborate with Training, Marketing, and Marketing Operations to provide sales meeting support, including sales training
• Engage in consistent, effective communication with the sales team to ensure selling tools are updated and allocated properly
• Collect Field Force feedback on new and existing tools, and work with brand marketers to implement Field Force insights
• Support basic market research activities including field sales & customer interviews/surveys to determine optimal deployment of marketing initiatives and promotions
• Monitor customer satisfaction to ensure the customer experience is consistent with the brand promise
• Collaborate with sales team to monitor competitive intelligence and competitor activities, and make appropriate recommendations, as needed
Support overall portfolio and related marketing tasks and activities.
• Contribute to the strategic planning and brand planning processes for the influenza vaccine portfolio, with a focus on the FLUAD brand
• Perform ad hoc analysis of market data and sales performance, as needed
• Support brand team activities with advocacy groups, professional societies, and policymakers to elevate the value of cell-based technology as a differentiated technology
• Collaborate with Market Research colleagues to conduct primary and secondary market research
• Deliver oral and written communications, develop and make presentations to commercial management, the sales force, and other internal groups, as needed
• Lead congress and convention planning and support
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Life Sciences or Business/Marketing. MBA a plus.
- At least 3-5 years working experience in Commercial in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry
- Agency experience a plus
- Vaccines marketing a plus
- Sales experience a plus
- Must be entrepreneurial with a high degree of project ownership accountability and resourcefulness to support a lean, high performing team