We are currently searching for a Program Specialist to provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. The primary objective is to provide services and deliverables through performance of support services. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility would be to serve as a liaison between X01 investigators, Kids First Sequencing Center and Kids First DRC staff for day-to-day management of the X01 data flow, including responding to queries and sample issues, reviewing, and approving clinical and phenotypic data based on original X01 applications, establishing X01 cloud credits, processing dbGaP files for release, and overseeing DRC data release queues
- Prepare correspondence, reports and other written material
- Prepare reports in response to requests from ORF Divisions, NIH ICs, other agencies, and Congress
- Analyze and present selected program data to Branch and Center management staff
- Assisting the Program Manager with preparation of Kids First related reports including Annual Common Fund report and budget requests
- Maintain program statistics monitoring
- Work with staff to provide support for oversight and review of the Kids First Working Group
- Functions independently under supervision of the Kids First Working Group WG Coordinator and the Kids First Leadership Team to perform a substantive role in providing program oversight and administrative support
- Preferred, Ph.D. in a biological, biomedical, computational or data science field
- Or a Master's degree in the above listed fields plus 4 years of experience
- Or Bachelor’s degree in the above listed fields plus 7 years of related experience.
- Basic understanding of Genetics and Genomics
- Strong communication and interpersonal skill
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills, including exceptional attention to detail with excellent follow through
- MS Suite
Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at time of hire.Company Description
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.