We are currently searching for a Biostatistician to provide support to NIDDK intramural and extramural research programs by performing the following tasks: (1) review protocols and collaborate with investigators to define study endpoints, (2) prepare sample size estimates and develop statistical analysis plans, (3) review relevant literature and other sources to aid in the development of these statistical analysis plans, (4) develop procedures for tracking protocols, (5) prepare reports summarizing protocol status for presentation to senior staff, (6), develop a series of seminars for presentation to investigators, (7) analyze clinical trial data for results reporting to ClinicalTrials.gov, (8) collaborate with investigators and conduct analyses for publications. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda, MD.Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide statistical advice and consultation to the investigators in study design, data management, choice and application of statistical methods, data analysis, and interpretation of statistical results
- Assist researchers with the planning, implementing, and analysis of research projects
- Perform data analysis, including model building analysis, assessing trends, determining correlations, testing for heterogeneity, and compiling and communicating results to investigators to participate in the interpretation of results and planning of further analyses
- Perform data analysis of data sets involving statistical procedures varying in complexity from simple bivariate tests to advanced regression methods for longitudinal data analysis and time-to-event analysis; determine correlations between variables
- Deliver lectures and other teaching activities on statistical topics for intramural researchers
- Write data analysis reports and participate in the preparation of scientific presentations and manuscripts
- Perform data programming, analysis and presentation by preparing charts, tables and graphs using software such as R, SAS and STATA
- Present data by preparing charts, tables, and graphs, using software that can be used for scientific monographs, book chapters, and professional presentations including poster and oral presentations
- Transfer data between software, dataset creation merge and concatenation, data cleaning identify and correct data entry errors and missing values and data transformation create and categorize variables and impute data
- Transfer data between software and create datasets merge and/or concatenation, data cleaning identify and correct data entry errors and missing values and data transformation create and categorize variables and impute data
- Master’s degree in Biostatistics, Statistics or a related discipline
- Documented experience with SAS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- 1-2 years’ experience with analysis of data from clinical trials
Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at time of hire.Company Description
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.