Senior Scientist - Modeling & Simulation (Clinical Pharmacology)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.Senior Scientist- Modeling & Simulation
Amgen provides a collaborative and creative culture in a company with a strong background of innovation. Our culture encourages open dialogue and diverse views to land on the best solutions, and we help ensure our staff are equipped to excel today and tomorrow.
The Amgen Clinical Pharmacology Modeling and Simulation (CPMS) team is seeking a Senior Scientist who will be based at our Thousand Oaks, CA corporate offices. As part of the Clinical Pharmacology, Modeling and Simulation department, the Modeling and Simulation Senior Scientist will support Amgen clinical development and translational sciences programs across multiple therapeutic areas.Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will include:
- Building pharmacostatistical models to support Population Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamic (PKPD) and exposure-response analyses using relevant state of the art modeling and simulation techniques.
- Training in binary and categorical and binary data analyses, time-to-event (hazard) models, Poisson models, MCMC and Bayesian methods as applied to exposure-response analyses and Population PK and PKPD analysis.
- Performing meta-analysis using proprietary and/or literature data.
- Participating in cross-functional project teams and providing scientific input for dose selection, early and late study designs using modeling and simulation inputs.
- Giving to clinical pharmacology strategy for the programs and implementing project plans.
- Generating modeling reports and supply to the summary documents for regulatory submissions.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Dynamic professional we seek is a go-getter with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamic or statistical modeling experienceOr
Masters degree and 5 years of Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamic or statistical modeling experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 7 years of Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamic or statistical modeling experiencePreferred Qualifications
- PhD in pharmaceutical sciences, applied statistics/mathematics, biostatistics, and/or engineering or related fields with equivalent professional degrees (e. g. MD, PharmD) with 3 years of PK/PD or statistical modeling experience
- 3+ years industry or relevant academic experience in pharmacometric analyses and/or applied biostatistics of small molecules and/or biologics.
- Proficiency in modeling software (e. g. NONMEM, SAS, R/S-Plus, STAN, MATLAB)
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.