Sr Administrative Coordinator
Provides administrative support and coordination to Vice President and Senior Staff in the Global Patient Safety Department. In addition, this may include other duties as assigned by the VP. This role will require, knowledge of company practices and procedures, problem solving, being trustworthy and consistently exercise considerable judgement and initiative. General responsibilities may include calendar management, managing meeting invites and logistics, coordinating travel, processing expenses, and technical support. Requires a greater understanding of the business and key relationships, as well as a focus on continuous improvement for processes and guidance. Minimal guidance is provided.
Essential Functions required for the job. List both technical and managerial requirements if applicable.
- Proactively manages calendars using thorough understanding of department and leadership priorities. Ability to anticipate the needs of leaders to manage all meeting logistics with a larger scope and greater impact if errors in scheduling occur.
- Fully responsible for execution of internal meetings. Acts as the contact for external meetings and is responsible for collaborating with Strategic Sourcing and Procurement to manage and negotiate contracts for off-site meetings as well as managing meeting/event budgets within the approval limit. May act as point person to gather agenda items from multiple individuals in order to provide materials for meetings/events. Anticipate and make recommendations for catering for meetings and events scheduled over meal periods. Where applicable, assist employees and guests with travel and expense reports.
- Advanced knowledge of company policies, procedures and resources and acts as a point person for leader(s)/department(s) on taking the lead to raise potential continuous improvement efforts to current processes. Connects with the proper departments to share findings and may work with teams on obtaining new solutions. Actively manages department contact lists/org charts. Proactively manages and updates content on department pages.
- Responsible for proactively monitoring purchase order requests and may be responsible for gathering expense requests. May also submit requisitions and coordinate tracking of departmental deadlines.
- Takes the lead on the preparation and assimilation for new employees within the department(s), including coordination with IT, Facilities, and Procurement. Assists with department space planning and may assist in headcount tracking.
- Implements a highly organized and efficient administrative workflow. Identifies, develops and/or supports administrative process improvements. Makes recommendations for solutions to issues and is focused on continuous improvement. Highly independent and shows advanced judgment and problem-solving skills. Comfortable leading projects and the ability to coordinate team members cross-functionally.
- Proactively works with other administrative coordinators to ensure coverage at all times.
Advanced knowledge and proficiency in MS Office, (including power point, visio and excel), SharePoint, Concur and Teams,
Associates or BA preferred; 8+ years administrative experience. Comfort around higher management