Paralegal (Contracts Manager)
Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to redefine care for women and for men through purpose-driven science, empowering medicines, and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Paralegal (Contracts Manager). The position will report to the Senior Corporate Counsel and is located in Brisbane, CA.
The Paralegal (Contracts Manager) will be responsible for drafting, negotiating, and managing a variety of contracts for the company (including but not limited to commercial, supply chain, operations, and clinical agreements). This person must have the ability to work independently and as an effective and engaged team member in a fast-paced environment. Strong initiative and follow through are essential for this job. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in, and will have experience supporting, the life sciences, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical industries, and will enjoy working for a growing company that is innovative and puts patients first.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, review, negotiate, and finalize contracts and assist attorneys with moderately complex agreements, including, but not limited to statements of work, change orders, task orders, confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements (including healthcare provider agreements).
- Develop professional expertise, applying company policies and procedures, and assist in the negotiation of master services agreements, clinical trial agreements, and data privacy and information security agreements.
- Within defined procedures and policies, exercise judgment, identify risks, and efficiently communicate those risks to appropriate internal decision-makers for discussion and resolution.
- Partner closely with internal and external teams including commercial, commercial operations, market access and third-party vendors to ensure timely turnaround and negotiation of agreements.
- Ensure contract terms are consistent with company policies and best practices.
- Interact with various internal clients and functional groups to effectively address legal and business questions and provide guidance as well as practical solutions.
- Maintain and manage contracts workflow in an organized manner, including assisting with implementation of contract systems and processes.
- Assist in training and guiding business teams on the use of contract templates, processes, and good contracting practices.
- Assist with the management of company online contract request system, including updating templates according to new company procedures, guidelines or legal requirements.
- Assist with and provide professional business advice related to implementing new contracts policies and procedures.
- Work mostly independently with some oversight and instruction from your manager, proactively initiating new projects and identifying ways to continuously improve contract templates and streamline processes and operations while exercising appropriate professional judgment.
- Work with integrity and ethically in accordance with Myovant’s Code of Business Conduct, policies and procedures.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Proficient with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
- Exercises discretion and good judgment while handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to show good judgment, honesty, and trust-building behaviors in all dealings.
- Effective time management and organization skills.
- Able to collaborate, as well as to work independently while balancing competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with a high level of professionalism.
- Self-motivated, with initiative and the ability to take ownership of, and follow through with, specific tasks.
- Able to be flexible and shift priorities as needed as well as willing to accept new responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BS or BA degree.
- Paralegal certification preferred but not required.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience as a contracts manager or paralegal, including in-house in the biotech, pharmaceutical or related industry.
- Experience drafting, reviewing, managing, and assisting with negotiating a wide range of agreements.
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk.
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment.
- Close vision required for computer usage.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity