Research Associate Proteomics
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate who will help advance our preclinical scientific activities to identify and characterize proteins associated with aging and disease. The role will primarily support proteomic analysis by state-of-the-art technologies including mass spectrometry and immunoassays. Studies performed will involve cutting edge science and require innovative concepts and strategies. The position is an excellent opportunity to engage in and learn a range of techniques in a dynamic environment and rapidly progress the company’s scientific activities.
This role requires dedication to drive science, ability to multitask, excellent communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team of scientists and research associates in a fast-paced environment.
Alkahest offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, annual bonus potential, opportunities for career growth and development, and a work environment that is collaborative, collegial and lots of fun.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with scientists in the team on the design, development, and implementation of LC-MS/MS methods to support research.
- Executing workflows for sample preparation (including protein digestion, peptide labeling, and sample clean-up), sample analysis, and downstream data processing by mass spectrometry.
- Performing day-to-day instrument operation and maintenance, queue management, and troubleshooting of HPLC and MS/MS systems.
- Working with and characterizing clinical samples.
- Utilizing laboratory automation instrumentation to execute proteomic workflows.
- Executing biochemical assays as BCA, SDS-PAGE, western blot, ELISA, etc.
- Preparing and maintaining laboratory reagents and ordering supplies as needed.
- Tracking and maintaining sample database, shipping samples for analysis as needed.
- Maintaining laboratory records, and compliance with safety and biohazard guidelines.
- Interfacing on a regular basis with scientific staff to coordinate, execute and present experimental work.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field related to chemistry, biochemistry or biology
- At least 1-year relevant industry and/or academic experience in mass spectrometry-based proteomics
- Familiarity with Thermo Orbitrap instrumentation and experience in MS-based proteomics data processing and interpretation preferred
- Ability to learn and assist in development of new protocols/technologies
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong time management and communication skills (written and verbal)
Applicants and new hires are subject to the Company’s Mandatory Vaccination Policy.