Next Generation Sequencing Research Associate
We are seeking a highly motivated and driven Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) Research Associate who will be a key member in advancing our preclinical scientific activities within a therapeutic focus. The position is responsible for running bulk- and single cell RNAseq experiments, including library construction for Illumina sequencing. The role is critical in advancing our therapeutic understandings and multiple programs and is thus pivotal to the company’s mission. Studies performed will involve cutting edge science and require innovative concepts and strategies. The role requires dedication to drive science, excellent communication and organization, flexibility, and the ability to interact with a multidisciplinary team of scientists and research associates.
Alkahest offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, opportunities for career growth and a work environment that is collaborative, collegial and lots of fun.
- Demonstrate technical skills in NGS technologies
- Drive our in-house processing of single-cell RNAseq (SMARTseq, 10x chromium) efforts from in vivo and in vitro derived tissue sources
- Implement novel protocols for RNAseq, spatial RNAseq and epigenetics protocols
- Take advantage of existing automation and help implement future automation to increase throughput of protocols
- Operate liquid handlers for scRNAseq (Formulatrix Mantis, SPTlabtech Mosquito)
- Operate, troubleshoot and help maintain instruments
- Operate and maintain FACS sorter for sorting cells derived from in vitro and in vivo sources for NGS assays
- Participate in cell preparations, including primary rodent tissue preps, cell isolation and enrichment protocols for NGS workflows
- Support validation of NGS results using qPCR, ELISAs and other quantitative methods
- Serve as contact point for in vivo and in vitro groups and support Alkahest's NGS needs across groups
- Draft experimental protocols
- Work independently to perform experiments and keep track of metadata
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, Biotechnology, or a related field
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience
- Successful track record with single cell RNAseq protocols, in particular SMARTseq v4 and Illumina library preparations
- Experience in lab automation (liquid handlers) required
- Ability to handle rodents (perfusions, dissections, sectioning)
- Familiar with basic molecular biology paradigms
- Experience with DNA and RNA quantitation methods (qPCR, picogreen, nanodrop)
- Comfortable using and maintaining sensitive instruments such as Agilent Bioanalyzer
- Experience with fluorescence-activated cell sorting (FACS) is a plus
- Experience with biochemistry assays such as ELISAs and Western blots preferred
- Basic laboratory techniques, such as making solutions, restocking consummables
- Must be highly motivated, detail oriented, and highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Apply today. We'd love to meet you!
Applicants and new hires are subject to the Company’s Mandatory Vaccination Policy.