Preclinical Research Associate – CNS Discovery
We are seeking a highly motivated and driven Research Associate who will be key in advancing our preclinical drug development and scientific initiatives. Alkahest’s therapeutic focus is on indications impacted by aging, including cognition and disorders of the nervous system. The Research Associate will be responsible for executing in vivoexperiments and novel assays including behavioral, histological, and biochemical endpoints. Studies performed will involve cutting-edge science and require innovative concepts and strategies.
As a member of Alkahest’s Preclinical Research team, the Research Associate will directly assist in advancing our therapeutic understandings, which will involve validating and implementing methodologies in the lab to support our therapeutic pipeline. This role requires dedication, flexibility, excellent communication, organization, and will interact with a multidisciplinary team of Preclinical Scientists and Research Associates to drive multiple projects in parallel. Depending on the level of experience, the candidate would be encouraged to lead their projects by designing, executing, analyzing and presenting data both internally and at conferences. This position reports to a Scientist, CNS Discovery.
Alkahest offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, annual bonus potential, opportunities for career growth and development, and a work environment that is collaborative, collegial, and fun.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing, executing, and analyzing rodent in vivo experiments
- Administering test agents to mice via multiple routes (IV, PO, IP, SC)
- Optimizing and performing behavioral assays
- Performing histology, immunohistochemistry, microscopy, and image analysis
- Molecular and biochemical analysis of tissues (i.e. RT-qPCR, Western blot, ELISA)
- Maintaining familiarity with current scientific literature
- Investigating and developing new methods and technologies for project advancement
- Contributing to writing scientific reports
- BS/MS degree from an accredited college/university in a field related to biomedical research, physiology, cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or neuroscience.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively advancing industry and/or academic lab experience
- Experience with mouse handling and dosing is necessary
- Experience with rodent behavior and cognitive assays is strongly preferred
- Experience with immunohistochemistry and microscopy is necessary
- Experience with confocal microscopy and image analysis is an advantage
- Experience with other biochemical and/or molecular techniques is an advantage
- Ability to work collaboratively and excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
Apply today! We'd love to meet you.
Applicants and new hires are subject to the Company’s Mandatory Vaccination Policy.