Maintenance Technician ARI
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Rhode Island
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The Rhode Island site is a multi-product, flexible manufacturing site. Were looking for highly motivated individuals that aspire to be future leaders as we continue this journey and expand our site operations.
Reporting to A-Shift F&E Manager, the Associate Technician is responsible for maintaining systems and performing various maintenance activities throughout the ARI site. The position is on a Rotating shift 7AM 7PM
- Perform scheduled preventive and corrective maintenance and repair activities on equipment and systems used across the ARI site
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment and systems
- Ensure activities are accomplished in a safe manner and with quality
- Strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and cGMPs
- Work in a highly productive and efficient manner to maximize the quantity of activities completed
- Ensure work is appropriately communicated to system operators and key stakeholders
- Ensure work order documentation is completed accurately and completely
- Identify waste, workflow interrupters, and other opportunities for improvement, recommend solutions, and assisting with implementation
- Identify opportunities to learn new skills and actively participate in development that will improve overall team performance
- Provide support when required - this may be outside of normal working hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Maintenance activities are executed safely
- Maintenance activities are executed right the first time
- Maintenance activities are executed in timely manner
- Maintenance activities are executed per applicable procedures
- Issues and opportunities that are observed are reported in a timely manner
Measurement of Key Responsibilities:
- No lost time injuries or near miss incidents for me
- Minimal rework for maintenance activities executed by me
- Labor hours expended are appropriate for job
- All activities are completed per procedure
- All observed issues are reported in a timely manner
Associates degree and 4 years of Maintenance experience
2 years in a technical school setting with hands-on experience
High school diploma / GED and 6 years of Maintenance experience
Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
Ability to interact constructively with peers/teams
Strong computer skills
Ability to provide guidance and technical advice to others
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.