Specialist IS Engineer
The Specialist IS Engineer reports to the Sr. Manager of the Information Systems Team. The position is responsible for providing IS platform support at the Amgen Rhode Island site.
We are seeking a Specialist IS Engineer to join the Operations Information Systems team. The incumbent will be responsible for all activities related to managing and supporting IS/MFG platforms; as well as incorporating new technologies under the challenge of a sophisticated and constantly evolving technology landscape. The successful candidate for this position will be located at our Rhode Island West Greenwich manufacturing site and will collaborate with the Senior Manager of Information Systems.
Key activities for this Specialist IS Engineer role include:
- Collaborate with business partners and other software engineers to develop and deploy the latest, advanced technologies in support of product manufacturing optimization
- Manage and/or support the execution of a varied portfolio of IS projects with appropriate portfolio planning, resource and risk management and financial management for the portfolio.
- Work closely with the delivery and platform teams to ensure that the applications are aligned with standard city planning approved architectural and development guidelines
- Lead selected efforts to design, build, and develop rapid Proof-of-Concept (POC) automated solutions and services. Quickly and iteratively prove or disprove the concepts being considered.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand how automation can improve workflow and productivity
- Synthesize requirements from end-users, application architects, and cybersecurity experts to develop the best automation solutions.
- Work closely with other business and IS Process Engineers to identify opportunities to stop inefficient practices, simplify business processes, and codify into automated solutions and platforms.
Masters degree in Engineering or Information Systems and 2 years of IS Platform experience
Bachelors degree in Engineering or Information Systems and 5 years of IS Platform experience
Associate degree and a8 years of Information Systems
- BS or MS in computer science, engineering, information systems, or related field
- Industry experience with software development or management
- Experience with Data analysis and reporting experience by using analytics, visualization and database technologies (OSISoft PI RtReports, Spotfire, Tableau)
- Knowledge with several Industry 4.0 technologies is a plus including, but not limited to Process Modeling and Simulation, Data Driven Process Control, Internet of Things, Automated Warehouse solutions, and Automated Guided Vehicles. Some specific technologies and capabilities include:
- Methods and technologies to support Manufacturing Data integrations (e.g. SQL, Web Services/messaging, data mapping)
- Korber PAS|X, OSISoft PI, VeevaVault, iWAREHOUSE, Systech, Loftware, VirTECS, Autodesk BIM 360
- Hands-on experience with computerized systems including troubleshooting, reliability, and performance improvements
- Expertise with translating business requirements to technical requirements and recommend solutions for automation
- Willing and able to learn new technologies at a rapid pace
- Experience or solid understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), 21CFR Part 11 regulations, change control, validation.
- Experience with Process Design/Configuration and Commissioning
- Experience with validation and change control methodology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with minimum direction.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.