National Account HOPE Specialist
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
National Account HOPE SpecialistLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will provide Medical Value and Access support to both assigned external national payer accounts and cross functional internal Amgen stakeholders and to develop programs, activities and relationships in order to advance the value and clinical knowledge of our products within the national payer community.
- Develops and maintains strong professional relationships with assigned national account medical, pharmacy and business leaders.
- Demonstrates high clinical acumen in Amgens portfolio products and viewed by the national account payer as the medical lead for all Amgen clinical / economic value inquires across the entire Amgen portfolio.
- Engages the assigned national account customer on clinical and economic rationale for optimal access of Amgens products to best serve the appropriate patient population.
- Leads the review of utilization / prior authorization policies developed by the national account proactively and reactively as well as downstream policies to ensure appropriate clinically supported alignment. Provide input when appropriate supported by clinical evidence.
- Understands the competitive landscape within the therapeutic classes of Amgens products. Is prepared to address the entire class product place in therapy and clinical / economic value of products.
- Identifies and facilitates creative clinical partnership opportunities with the customer in areas such as population health, value-based agreements, real world data evidence, health economics, budget impact modeling, observational research, etc.
- Collaborates closely with the aligned Market Access National Account Directors (NAD) to comprehensively understand the business strategy as it relates to access and clinical support.
- Participates in cross functional collaboration toward the development of medical objectives and tactics for the account plan including synthesis of customer insights to inform short and long-term strategy, and integration of customer specific research needs into evidence generation plans.
- Collaborates with the respective therapeutic area global medical leads, Health Economic and Outcomes Research (HEOR), Amgen Observational Research, Amgen Value and Access, etc. for clinical support, evidence generation research, population health, value-based agreements, specials projects, etc. as needed.
- Serves as the key point of contact for HOPEs with downstream regional Plans. Commits to regular HOPE communication on national account decisions, activities, clinical and economic insights, etc. Supports regional engagements as requested by HOPE. Identifies regional advocate efforts to support access alignment.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dedicated professional we seek is a collaborator with these qualifications.Minimum Requirements:
- Doctorate degree & 3 years of Medical Science Liaison (MSL) experience with focus on value and access Or
- Doctorate degree & 3 years of Payer experience
- Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D., or D.O.
- > 5 years of related experience
- National payer experience highly preferred
- Evidence of large impact at previous accounts
- Deep knowledge of managed markets, pharmacoeconomics, population health and broad healthcare trends
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong track record of partnering with cross functional colleagues to provide value to customers
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.