Location: La Jolla, CA
Position type: Research and Development
We are seeking an experienced scientist to join the biomarker team at Avidity Biosciences in La Jolla, CA. This is a key position within the group that will act as a biomarker lead of our preclinical and clinical programs. Experience with translational research and clinical biomarker development/implementation is highly desired. The ideal candidate is expected to be a strong team player and leader who will work cross-functionally and interact across both research and clinical organization. He/She should enjoy scientific discovery and collaboration in a fast-paced interdisciplinary environment. Depending on the experience, this position may supervise junior scientists/research assistants. Title and compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Lead the biomarker development with a focus on pharmacodynamic biomarkers, predictive biomarkers and mechanism of action
- Oversee assay development and validation as well as the analysis of clinical biomarkers
- Responsible for the interpretation of biomarker data and communication to project teams
- Identify and develop novel biomarker assays/platforms to support biomarker discovery
- Establish collaborations with academic labs/KOLs
- Collaborate and communicate across departments, participate on drug development project teams, and function as a bridge between research and clinical development
- PhD in biology or related discipline; with 1-2 years of relevant translational research/biomarker experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Experienced in implementing a broad array of technologies to investigate drug MoA and support biomarker development
- Must demonstrate a high level of independence and the ability to develop hypotheses and direct analysis plans
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, enthusiasm, integrity, exceptional problem-solving skills, self-motivation, strong interpersonal skills, and attention to detail are necessary
- Expertise in translational development in neuromuscular diseases and RNA therapeutics is highly desirable
- Desirable for applicant to be familiar with bioanalytical method development and validation of biomarkers commensurate with regulatory decision making or supporting approval and labeling
Avidity is committed to complying with federal, state and local law on employee vaccinations. Job candidates should be aware that full vaccination against COVID-19 may be required in the future. Avidity is an equal opportunity employer and encourages potential or current employees to request a reasonable accommodation under federal, state and local regulations, should one be needed.