Scientist/Associate Scientist- Molecular Biology/Biochemistry
Arcus Biosciences is an exciting growth company founded on the vision of creating best-in-class cancer therapies. We leverage our deep cross-discipline expertise to discover highly differentiated therapies and combinations to address unmet medical needs.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Scientist/Associate Scientist to join our growing Protein Sciences group. This role is expected to conduct lab work to support assay development, high throughput screening, structural biology, and interact closely with others within the research organization.
- Responsible for supporting multiple programs with protein reagents
- Independently design constructs, optimize protein expression, and purify protein
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Structure Biology or other related field with 0-3 years industry experience or Master's/Bachelor's degree with multiple years of experience. Title will be commensurate with experience.
- Expertise in molecular biology techniques such as construct design, DNA isolation, cloning, and vector engineering for protein expression
- Extensive experience in diverse expression systems including microbial, insect and mammalian cells for protein expression
- Technical proficiency in purifying proteins using batch or column-based purification methods using AKTA FPLC
- Hands-on experience running protein analytical assays including SDS-PAGE, Western blot, HPLC, DSF
- Ability to multi-task and work flexibly with a high sense of urgency in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
Arcus Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer