Equipment Specialist/Production Equipment Engineer
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Equipment Specialist is responsible for maintenance and operational support of all equipment and areas needed for the manufacture of parenteral pharmaceuticals at the Baltimore Camden fill/finish facility. Additional duties will include parts and tool management, plant equipment support, parts design, as well as management of moderately sized capital projects.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Comply with cGMP regulations, adhere to company policies, and adhere to SOP and Batch Record directions
• Assist the Validation with the operation and execution of engineering projects. Provide technical expertise for these projects
• Provide technical support during manufacturing activities
• Focus to continually improve processes throughout the manufacturing and packaging areas.
• Coordinates and performs preventive/reactive maintenance on production and facility equipment
• Maintains detailed maintenance records
• Coordinates contracted maintenance activities with vendors
• Assists in qualification of equipment / facilities as needed
• Compiles, analyzes, draws conclusions and provides written documentation related to the maintenance and lifecycle of production systems
• Administers project management controls and reports status to senior management
• Involved in the oversight and coordination of activities that include design, specification creation, procurement, construction management, repair of production and facilities equipment
• Researches new technologies and procedures to enhance production and performs engineering design evaluations
• Applies creative and sound troubleshooting techniques to generate timely solutions to problems
• Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity, and rely on collaboration, limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Assists in programming, maintenance and troubleshooting of programmable logic controllers and process/environmental monitoring systems
• Establish procedures with some supervision
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Bachelors in Engineering or equivalent Engineering Technician/Specialist experience consisting of Technical (Trade/ Military) Training
• 3-5 years of experience in industrial/pharmaceutical engineering/maintenance setting or transitioning military
• Basic knowledge of electronics systems is essential
• Knowledge of 2D and/or 3D electronic drafting preferred
• Must possess the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner while gathering and analyzing information skillfully
• PLC and process control troubleshooting skills preferred
Proven track record of applying broad knowledge of engineering principles, practices and procedures to the completion of moderately difficult assignments
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals with qualifying medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that may prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.