Scientist - Medicinal Chemistry
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Scientist - Medicinal ChemistryLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be part of an innovative Medicinal Chemistry group, with responsibilities including (but not limited to) the design, synthesis, and purification of novel compounds for potential clinical drug development. This will alson include the opportunity to work within Amgens Induced Proximity Platform (IPP), which is focused on novel and innovative approaches to modulate intractable targets in diseases using the emerging PROTAC modality.
- The Scientist will devise and implement state of the art scientific research through conducting laboratory experiments, planning detailed procedures for defined projects including timelines, milestones, methodological approaches, expected results and necessary resources
- The Scientist will review, analyze, and interpret scientific data and results; providing regular updates, documentation, and/or communication on project results; collaborating with other scientists and keeping current with field of expertise, including literature and technology development.
- Additional responsibilities may include advising supervisors and colleagues in areas of expertise; participating in national and international meetings, providing scientific results that support the generation of publications or patents, and mentoring research associates and laboratory assistants.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Medicinal Scientific professional we seek is an ambitious researcher with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree and 4 years of laboratory experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 6 years of laboratory experience
- Doctorate degree in chemistry specializing in organic synthesis
- 2+ years of experience in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry
- Consistent track record of academic accomplishments (e.g., peer-reviewed publications and/or patents)
- Demonstration of good lab practices, with particular attention to safety
- Clear understanding of structural determination using NMR and MS techniques as well as knowledge of related purification methods
- Initial understanding of biological and pharmaceutical principles and a working knowledge of the use of structure-based or other computer-aided drug design tools
- Knowledge of the application of parallel synthesis techniques to synthetic or medicinal chemistry
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), leadership skills and the ability to work well in teams
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.