Principal Engineer - Research & Automation Technologies
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.Principal Engineer -Research & Automation Technologies
The Discovery Technologies department is seeking to fill a Principal Engineer position in the Research & Automation Technologies group. This person will be responsible for the delivery of innovative lab automation solutions that speed the discovery and development of critical drugs for Amgens patients. These solutions will come from the Principal Engineers integration of existing instruments and liquid handling equipment with fully automated robotic platforms, as well as the design and fabrication of novel electromechanical devices using in-house or external resources. In a leadership role, this Principal Engineer will also be a key influencer in lab automation strategy, driving the evolution of the technology within Amgen and mentoring other staff to implement best practices in innovation engineering. This position requires both breadth and depth of mechanical and software engineering skills, as well as industry knowledge and a lot of creativity. Additionally, the successful candidate must be able to interface with diverse stakeholders to ideate and then deliver the best solutions that meet expectations.Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will
Continuously outreach, collaboration and communication with scientists across multiple research organizations and geographies to identify opportunities, conceptualize solutions, lead expectations and deliver fit-for-purpose lab automation.
- Identify emerging technologies and develop innovative automation that improve existing processes or enable novel processes.
- Identify and establish standard methodologies across the full spectrum of automation engineering tasks, including CAD to fabrication, documentation, end-user training, delivery and support.
- Mentor other engineers in the organization to help drive their professional growth.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a go-getter with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Master's Degree + 10 years of in-industry experience
Bachelor's Degree and 15 years of Engineering experience
Associate's degree and 20 years of Engineering experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Master's in engineering, biomedical engineering, or a relevant field.
- Experience in CAD, preferably SolidWorks, designing parts and assemblies for fabrication by traditional machining, 3d printing, or laser cutting.
- Experience in designing and implementing pneumatic systems.
- Experience in designing and implementing electronic circuits and microcontrollers, to include Arduinos, PLCs, etc.
- Experience is developing software to control individual devices as well as integrations of multiple devices, preferably in C#.
- Experience in integrating a broad range of lab automation instruments.
- Experience programming commercial scheduling software.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.