Bioprocess Technician BPT IV
Our breakthroughs would not make it to the hands of patients without our pharmaceutical manufacturing team. We rely on a team of dedicated and agile members, who understand the importance and impact of their role in Pfizer’s mission. Patients need colleagues like you who take pride in their work and always look to improve outcomes. You will help to ensure that patients and physicians have the medicines they need, when they need them.What You Will Achieve
You will have knowledge of process equipment and systems, manufacturing operations, and automation control and have the primary responsibility to plan and execute process and equipment operation activities during manufacturing operations. Due to your expertise in the manufacturing domain, you will provide training for operational qualifications and assist the Team Lead and other team members as necessary. You will conduct all activities in accordance with Company policies, standard operating procedures, and global regulatory guidelines, environmental guidelines etc.
As part of the Technical Operations team, you are recognized as a subject matter expert with specialized knowledge and skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials and equipment. You will be entrusted with adapting standard methods and procedures by applying your knowledge, prior work experience and requirements. Your business awareness of cross-organizational impact on project delivery will elevate the quality of project deliverables. You will arrive at decisions on which methods and procedures are the best fit for different work situations. You will assist with training others and reinforce behaviors that will help us achieve our goal of providing the best healthcare to our patients.
It is your hard work and focus that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Manage your own time, professional development and be accountable for own results.
- Prioritize own workflow, may lead and allocate work of others and assist in establishing their priorities.
- Responsible for providing input for performance assessment of team members.
- Understand scientific principles, operational aspects of production equipment, automation control systems, processing requirements and any related procedural requirements.
- Conduct all activities that are in accordance with Company policies & Standard Operating Procedures, global regulatory guidelines, environmental guidelines, as appropriate, etc.
- Advise management of non-conformance issues and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Monitor routine production preparation tasks.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6+ years of experience in manufacturing environments.
- Experience within the biopharmaceutical industry, including knowledge and experience with relevant biopharmaceutical unit operations and/or laboratory operations
- Understanding of continuous improvement processes
- Bachelor's Degree
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: October 12, 2021
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Manufacturing#LI-PFE