Associate, Operations Coordinator
The Pharmaceutical Sciences Drug Product Supply organization here at Pfizer is seeking an Operations Coordinator to join our team. We are looking for a candidate to fill this position within our Global Materials Management Department.
As a Drug Product Supply Operations Coordinator, the successful candidate will play an essential role in supporting the organization on many critical fronts. The successful candidate will lead and support all technical operations, GMP facilities, and projects within the materials management operational areas. This position will offer the opportunity to collaborate with outside partner lines while satisfying the operational, technical, and developmental aspects of the role. The successful candidate will help drive our clinical supply chain forward.
The successful candidate will be required to follow GMP standards, while assuring compliance with Pfizer Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and all applicable worldwide regulations and guidelines (e.g. FDA, TSA, MHRA, DEA).
The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating and overseeing the daily work of operational team members while at the same time assuring the supply chain continuity.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced, driven individual seeking to advance their knowledge and experience while working within a complex cross functional role within a multi facet department.
- Support operational areas within materials management
- Provide oversite and guidance to materials management operations colleagues
- Support audits and inspections
- Work outside of normal business schedule when necessary
- Champion and participate in process improvement, data analytics, modernization, and digitization projects
- Author and review SOPs, training material and supporting documents
- Demand planning and scheduling – global supply chain management activities
- Ability to delegate task across team
- Perform any other relevant operational related duties when assigned
- Participate and lead projects and initiatives
- Drive efficiency into processes
- Advance forward-thinking initiatives
In partnership with operational managers and team members, complete and support daily GMP production activities
- Material Handling, shipping, and receiving activities
- Shipping knowledge to include IATA/DOT, logistics and shipping procedures
- Support on the floor activities as needed
- Electronic systems (i.e. inventory, document management, planning, scheduling)
- Support Controlled Substances operational activities
- Support and lead operational investigations
- Capture and provide departmental/operational metrics
- Adhere to company safety procedures and guidelines by practicing and promoting safe work behaviours
- Leads the generation and design of standard business practices, workflows and performance metrics
- Works independently on highly complex activities
Oversite of GMP facilities/equipment needs and ability to react to alarms during off hours.
- Participate as a subject matter expert in internal and external audits (to include pre and post activities)
- Support and drive the timely resolution of technical and quality/compliance issues.
- Works in close partnership within PSSM and BTx business units, act as point of contact for materials management operations department and materials throughout the supply chain.
- Maintain familiarity with relevant technology and industry standards across partner lines and Pfizer supply chain.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement efforts utilizing appropriate performance metrics to optimize performance.
- Lead and participate in limited duration teams aimed at improving operational efficiencies.
- Identifies and leads key strategic initiatives focused on continuous improvement opportunities across operational functions.
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree and/or 5+ years equivalent experience required
- Ability to present within department/cross functional meetings
- Experience and or knowledge of a cGMP/regulated work environment
- Project and process management skillset
- Ability to build, understand and improve complex processes
- Possesses strong workload planning skills and organization
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Prior experience with advanced data analytics, deviation reporting, preventive and corrective actions
- Knowledge of planning, inventory management, reporting and other supply chain/logistics preferred
- Proficient with computer systems to include:
- ERP Systems (Microsoft Dynamics preferred)
- Document Management System
- Databases, word processing, spreadsheets
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work with and around power industrial vehicles
- Ability to drive multiple vehicles, including Pfizer trucks
- Must be able to gown up as required, to include specific PPE (i.e. respirators, full gear, safety glasses, daily uniform, etc.)
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced dynamic work environment
- Capable of managing own time and workload
Addition Job Information
- Eligible for Employee Referral Program
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Logistics & Supply Chain Mgmt