GMP Purchasing Supervisor - Materials Management
The GMP Purchasing Supervisor is responsible for managing a team of 4 GMP Buyers. The team will convert SAP requisitions to purchase orders for direct materials to support GMP production activities as well as purchasing strategic inventory. GMP Purchasing will ensure materials are only purchased from Quality approved vendors. As part of the strategic and collaborative requirements for GMP purchasing, the GMP Purchasing Supervisor will adopt the principles of Vendor Relationship Management (VRM) with vendors and ensure that the Purchasing team build the relationships required for an effective purchasing process. This is a key function of the Purchasing Team and the Supervisor will be tasked with managing this process. The Supervisor will lead vendor Quality Business Reviews (QBR) and ensure that the Buyers with their defined vendors will also engage in this process. Each buyer and the supervisor will have the responsibility of being the Point Of Contact for nominated key vendors, with the Supervisor being assigned the most strategic account to manage. The GMP Buyers will maintain the SAP Material Masters for raw materials and consumables and the associated info records and source lists within SAP ensuring lead time data is accurate and up to date. Annual pricing negotiations will take place with vendors and it will be the responsibility of the Supervisor and Purchasing and Planning Manager to agree to the negotiations performed by the Buyers before the information is input into SAP. GMP Purchasing will support all materials required for GMP production for all production areas and the GMP Purchasing Supervisor will manage this team. KPI's and targets will be agreed and implemented which are aligned with the goals and objectives of Fujifilm Texas.
- Manage the Purchase Order Management process to ensure materials are purchased within the given lead times from vendors.
- Manage the purchase orders process to ensure materials are delivered to support the production plan and escalate any issues as appropriate to senior Supply Chain Management.
- All SAP Material Masters for raw materials and consumables are owned by the GMP Purchasing team the Purchasing Supervisor will manage the Buyers to ensure that the SAP Material Masters are accurate and correct as well as maintaining the correct info records in SAP with the correct lead times and part codes and that the SAP source list is aligned with the Quality system to ensure purchases come from the approved vendors only.
- Ensure the GMP Buyers maintain Purchase Orders within SAP and ensure they are kept update with timely and accurate delivery dates through SAP reporting
- Develop processes that enhance the materials purchasing process while streamlining day-to-day operations.
- Utilize tools to collect, track, and communicate metrics regarding supply chain such as on time delivery (OTIF), vendor complaints metrics, business score card metrics for vendors and Purchasing performance on cost savings and cost avoidance.
- Ensure strategic purchasing activities are executed for ‘overhead' inventory of raw materials and consumables.
- Lead and execute annual pricing discussions with defined vendors to ensure the management of ‘Cost of Goods' (COGS).
- Manage and report defined metrics including the adherence to OTIF.
- Take ownership of the largest and most strategic vendor relationships.
- Ensure vendor complaints process is being followed and complaints are closed out to a satisfactory conclusion working closely with Supplier Assurance, internal stakeholders and the vendor.
- Ensure escalations via Red Alerts are readily identified and escalated within Supply Chain and to the daily tier two meeting.
- Ensure the Purchasing team assess vendors open order reports any misalignment are managed internally and externally.
- Manage the Fujifilm Texas vendor base following the principles of Vendor Relationship Management (VRM).
- Be the POC for a number of key vendors.
- Ensure all safety, GMP, and environmental requirements are maintained in the performance of duties and direct reports.
- Negotiate and manage agreements e.g. MSA, pricing agreements, NDA's and Supply Agreements and provide Leadership to direct reports for enhancing their negotiation skills.
- Strategic sourcing of new raw materials and consumables.
- Execute the site Purchasing Strategy.
- Maintain and issue the cost savings / avoidance tracker to Supply Chain Management.
- Provide support, assistance, mentoring and training to the GMP Purchasing team through regular one to one reviews, on the job training and professional support.
- Develop training plans for individual Buyers to ensure proficiency in day to day tasks.
- Deliver end of year performance appraisals.
- Perform all other duties assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Must have SAP or any ERP experience of at least 12 months.
- Require previous purchasing experience of at least 12 months.
- Minimum of 2 years management and or supervisor experience.
- Must have experience in all Microsoft computer applications.
- Experience in SOP revision and assessment as well as a demonstrated ability in investigating non-conformities.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to execute a work plan and adapt to rapid changes in the schedule.
- Self-motivated and able to work with little direct supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to provide cross-functional information and escalation to leadership with both internal and external customers/suppliers.
- Proven oral and written technical communication skills.
- Must have previous supervisory experience.
- Goal-oriented, flexible, and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Work closely with Supply Chain Planning Supervisor to ensure the efficient collaboration between GMP Purchasing and Supply Chain Planning for the supply of direct materials for use in GMP production.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Attendance is required.
- Direct line manage a team of GMP Buyers.
- Conduct training, support and mentoring.
- Set individual objectives for the GMP Buyers in line with the company's objectives ensuring they are SMART objectives.
- Conduct end of year performance reviews.
- Lead and ensure the company's policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure each member of the team is appropriately trained to meet GMP requirements.
- Bachelor's degree plus 3 years work experience in an Operations, Projects or Supply Chain function ;OR
- Associate's degree plus 5 years work experience in an Operations, Projects or Supply Chain function; OR
- High School/GED with 7 years of work experience in an Operations, Projects or Supply Chain function.
- Experience with SAP and various data entry requirements.
- Experience with Good Manufacturing / Good Documentation Practices.
- Six Sigma training.
- Minimum of 1 years experience of working within a bio-pharmaceutical Supply Chain environment.
- APICS Certifications such as CPIM (Certified in Production & Inventory Management) or CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional).
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3500.