GMP Buyer - Materials Management
The GMP Buyer will be responsible for the converting of SAP requisitions to purchase orders for direct materials to support GMP production activities. As part of this role, the GMP Buyer will manage the Quality approved vendor base, using Vendor Relationship Management (VRM), manage and lead vendor Quality Business Reviews (QBR) and the associated KPI's. Each buyer will have the responsibility of being the Point Of Contact for nominated key vendors. The GMP Buyers will maintain the Material Masters and associated info records and source lists within SAP ensuring lead time data is accurate and up to date and all pricing of materials is agreed by Fujifilm Purchasing before being entered into SAP.
- Ensure the Purchase Order Management process is executed to ensure materials are purchased within the given lead times from vendors.
- Manage the purchase orders to ensure materials are delivered to support the production plan and escalate any issues as appropriate to senior Supply Chain Management.
- All SAP Material Masters for raw materials and consumables are owned by the GMP Purchasing team. The Buyers must ensure that the SAP Material Masters are accurate and correct as well as maintaining the correct info records in SAP with the correct lead times and part codes and that the SAP source list is aligned with the Quality system to ensure purchases come from the approved vendors only.
- Purchase Orders within SAP must be kept update with timely and accurate delivery dates.
- Develop processes that enhance the materials purchasing process while streamlining day-to-day operations.
- Utilize tools to collect, track, and communicate metrics regarding supply chain such as on time delivery (OTIF), vendor complaints metrics, business score card metrics for vendors and Purchasing performance on cost savings and cost avoidance.
- Plan and execute strategic ordering of ‘overhead' inventory of raw materials and consumables.
- Lead and execute annual pricing discussions with vendors to ensure the management of ‘Cost of Goods' (COGS).
- Lead the vendor complaints process, ensuring materials are returned if required and all complaints are closed out to a satisfactory conclusion working closely with Supplier Assurance, internal stakeholders and the vendor.
- Provide information on the current status of purchase orders via the Open Order Report and identify problematic PO's and escalation via the Red Alert process.
- Manage and assess vendors open order reports and ensure any misalignment is managed internally and externally.
- Discrepancies identified by the warehouse team prohibiting the team from receiving materials into SAP will be escalated to the GMP Purchasing team to resolve such as missing packing slips, CoA's, wrong item etc.
- Manage the Fujifilm Texas vendor base following the principles of Vendor Relationship Management (VRM).
- Be the POC for a number of key vendors.
- Follow all safety, GMP, and environmental requirements in the performance of duties.
- Implement and manage the Purchasing Strategy.
- Negotiate and manage agreements e.g. MSA, pricing agreements, NDA's and Supply Agreements.
- Strategic sourcing of new raw materials and consumables.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Must have experience of working in an ERP systems (preferably SAP) of at least 12 months.
- Require previous purchasing experience of 12 months.
- Must have experience in all Microsoft computer applications.
- Experience in SOP revision and assessment as well as a demonstrated ability in investigating non-conformities.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to execute a work plan and adapt to rapid changes in the schedule.
- Self-motivated and able to work with little direct supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to provide cross-functional information and escalation to leadership with both internal and external customers/suppliers.
- Proven oral and written technical communication skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Goal-oriented, flexible, and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Work closely with Supply Chain Planning to ensure the efficient supply of materials.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Attendance is required.
- Bachelor's degree plus 2 years work experience in Purchasing ;OR
- Associate's degree plus 4 years work experience in Purchasing; OR
- High School/GED with 6 years of work experience in Purchasing.
- Minimum of 12 months experience of working within a GMP Supply Chain environment.
- SAP experience.
- Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Purchasing experience.
- APICS Certifications such as CPIM (Certified in Production & Inventory Management) or CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional)
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3500.