Senior Program Manager/Associate Director
Century Therapeutics is developing novel allogeneic living cell products for oncology that overcome the limitations of current cell therapies. Century's genetically-engineered, universal iPSC-derived immune effector cell products are designed to specifically target hematologic and solid tumor cancers. Our commitment to developing off-the-shelf cell therapies will expand patient access and provide an unparalleled opportunity to advance the course of cancer care.
Century's foundational technology is built on induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) that have unlimited self-renewing capacity. This enables complex cellular engineering to produce controlled cell banks of modified cells that can be expanded and differentiated into desired immune effector cells, which can supply vast amounts of allogeneic, homogeneous therapeutic products. This platform differentiates Century from other approaches that utilize non-renewable donor-derived cells.
Reporting to the Head of Program Management, the Senior Manager / Associate Director of Program Management will co-lead and execute the therapeutic development of Century's novel iPSC-derived, targeted allogeneic NK and T cell therapies. S/he will serve as an expert to guide cross-functional core-teams and sub-teams through the drug development phases and successfully progress our diversified oncology programs in collaboration with functional leads. In addition, s/he will help to build and influence the Project Management Office's (PMO) tools, capabilities and culture as Century continues to expand.
- Expert program manager (PM) skillset to drive and manage iPSC-derived, targeted cell therapy development in hematology and/or solid tumor oncology from preclinical development through clinical proof of concept. (PMs at Century co-lead projects as a vertical, meaning, they co-lead the core team with the project lead and critical sub-teams with cross-functional leads.)
- Drive effective decision-making while considering impact to timeline, FTEs/budget, and risks.
- Collaborate and facilitate IND-enabling and clinical Phase I/II-enabling activities.
- Top-tier application of project/program management:
- Develop, own, and manage project meetings, timelines, budgets/resource planning.
- Identify risks and issues; work with functional experts to mitigate and resolve.
- Represent the Core Team during governance reviews on timeline and budget topics.
- Mentor and train teams to articulate the projects strategy, project management approaches and constructively challenge or ask questions as “the voice of leadership”.
- Use of dashboards to ensure clear, effective, and timely communication to stakeholders.
- Ability to understand your project/program(s) in the context of the broader portfolio.
- May directly manage an alliance program and serve as a point of contact with partners
- May also include PM management of a Platform development team focused on iPSC development around a new cell-type.
- Cultural steward, fostering values of integrity, trust, scientific passion, inclusiveness and fun.
- Bachelor's degree in science or engineering required. Seeking a balanced combination of scientific and business acumen. Advanced degree preferred (MS, MBA, PharmD or PhD).
- ~10 years of relevant biopharmaceutical experience.
- ~8 years of project management experience on a cross-functional drug development team.
- PMP certification preferred (Active or Inactive).
Required Capabilities and Experiences:
- Experience in cell therapy (autologous or allogeneic), gene therapy or biologics development.
- Experience in the Oncology TA preferred.
- Experience as a PM, Process Engineer or Scientist in early drug development phases.
- Proven ability to effectively manage conflicts while providing impact & influence.
- Robust proficiency in project management and collaboration support tools and systems. (i.e. MS Project, MS Office, SharePoint, MS Teams, SmartSheets)
- Ability to effectively collaborate across multiple sites.
- A passion for the “cure”, the ultimate of patient-driven mission's
- Focused on accelerating programs into the clinic (sense of urgency)
- An open and transparent communication-style
- Self-motivated with an attention for detail
- Intellectual curiosity