R&D Program Manager - Medical Diagnostics
Research and Development (R&D) Program Manager - Medical Diagnostics
An exciting medical diagnostics start-up seeks an R&D Program Manager to lead a product development team developing a new point of care diagnostic platform. The R&D Program Manager should have concept through launch product development experience in medical diagnostics.
- Lead a R&D team of engineers,
scientists, external partners and consultants responsible for research, product
design and development.
- Lead teams in solving significant
technical challenges; employ structured problem-solving.
- Develop project schedules and
budgets to support programs.
- Manage the product development
process including the translation of user needs into product requirements,
identification of all product design features or performance requirements for
which a design path is not readily clear
- Develop and manage V&V
requirements and risk management activities
- Ensure product development
processes and activities meet appropriate safety and quality standards
- Manage budgetary objectives and
make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis and
- Foster a culture of excellence by
providing ongoing leadership, mentoring, and coaching to all direct reports.
This Job Is:
- A job for which military
experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
We can’t wait to hear from you!
- Bachelor's degree in Biology,
Biochemistry, Bio-engineering, or other relevant disciplines. An advanced
degree is preferred.
- 5+ years experience in medical
device / medical diagnostics R&D
- Strong communications skills;
oral, written and electronic
- Extremely self-motivated showing
great professional initiative
- Strong working knowledge of
medical device standards, ISO 13485, MDD, FDA regulated devices; EUA experience
- Project management experience; PMP
certification and MS Project a plus
- A track record of accomplishment
in developing and mentoring R&D teams
- Excellent analytical and
- Ability to respond to changing
priorities and to multi-task, in a dynamic environment
- Waiting period may apply
Our planned self-test Family Health
Toolkit will offer low cost, early detection & monitoring, with smartphone
diagnosis and medications.
Hiring Company Description
Coupled with vaccines for Covid-19, the world needs low-cost Saturation Level
Testing that can be performed by anyone, anywhere, at any time. Instant testing is the key element to end
this pandemic, and quickly assess and control the spread of many infectious
diseases around the world.
This new testing technology will be ultra-low-cost with comparable results to PCR tests overcoming lab-based limitations with portability for global use. We plan to ramp manufacturing rapidly for high-volume device manufacturing and produce more than 10 million strips per day using existing glucose strip manufacturing lines to support a broad set of diagnostics for global distribution.
Blink Science is expanding its core technology through patent coverage and
developing a comprehensive digital health platform that includes mobile apps
for results verification, personal digital health passport, data transfer with
real-time cloud aggregation, third party interoperability, and next-generation
IP of using MEMS “Smart chip in testing strips” for multi-functional
testing. The company has several notable
Fortune 500 collaborations at the present time and growing.