Senior Associate Scientist - Oncology Research
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Associate Scientist - OncologyLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. Amgen Oncology Research is seeking a Senior Associate Scientist to conduct preclinical studies to support our prostate cancer and lung cancer BiTE (bispecific T cell engager) product teams. In this vital role you will be part of a cross-functional team with expertise in cancer biology and immunology. You will perform in vitro cell-based assays and in vivo studies that provide preclinical evidence for BiTE molecule mechanism of action and define pathways associated with activity and resistance.
The Senior Associate Scientist will make key contributions to the preclinical data generated to support Amgens solid tumor BiTE portfolio:
- Independently design, perform and analyze laboratory experiments, including assay development, optimization and troubleshooting
- Collaborate with team members within and outside of the department to design, conduct and analyze mouse model studies
- Contribute to technology development by proposing and evaluating models and new experimental approaches
- Present data in department and team meetings
- Contribute to external presentations including posters and manuscripts
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a Scientist with these qualifications.Basic qualifications:
Masters degree and 3 years of Oncology or Immuno-Oncology experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Oncology or Immuno-Oncology experiencePreferred qualifications:
- Demonstrated independence in critical thinking and scientific achievement, such as through significant contributions to manuscripts or poster presentations
- Experience with cell culture and cell-based assays
- Experience working with therapeutic agents, including chemotherapy or T cell targeted therapy (bispecific antibodies or CAR-T)
- Experience with mouse tumor models (xenograft, syngeneic models)
- Experience with multi-panel flow cytometry
- Knowledge of cancer biology and/or immunology
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver results to meet timelines
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.