Sr. Associate Scientist - Translational Safety and Bioanalytical Sciences (Open to Remote)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Sr. Associate ScientistLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. The Translational Safety and Bioanalytical Sciences Department at Amgen is seeking a highly motivated Senior Associate Scientist with experience in planning, managing, and monitoring nonclinical GLP and non-GLP studies. A successful candidate will be able to understand and critically evaluate complex nonclinical and safety pharmacology study designs and data, and will collaborate with scientific and operational team members to ensure coordination of program and study activities. A successful candidate will have the ability to efficiently resolve conflict among competing interests and act independently to solve problems and optimize procedures via critical evaluation of complex issues.
Additional responsibilities include: tracking of program and study timelines, review of study protocols and reports, management of problematic issues and implementation of resolution plans involving multiple parties. Effective meeting facilitation/coordination, and study status reporting are expected. The individual will also prepare scientific graphs and presentations, write departmental guidelines and SOPs, and will participate in departmental initiatives. Occasional travel (up to 20% of the time) is required.Win
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The innovative professional we seek is a motivated Scientist with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
- Masters Degree and 3 years of relevant experience (e.g., nonclinical safety assessment, drug development, etc.) or
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of relevant experience
- Three years of project/program coordinator experience in pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to review, analyze and communicate scientific data and results.
- Prior experience with GLP guidelines.
- Experience applying program management principles and skills in a scientific setting.
- PMP certified preferred.
- Experience as a study director, monitor or coordinator in the nonclinical space.
- Experience working and collaboration with Contract Research Organizations (CRO's)
- Ability to deliver results in a team environment.
- Proficiency with graphing software, Microsoft office, Planisware, and Gantt charts.
- Should possess strong negotiation and influencing skills, be able to adjust to a dynamic and collaborative work environment, lead and embrace change, and possess strong communication skills.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.