Senior Medical Scientist - Global Medical Affairs - Oncology (Open to remote)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Senior Medical Scientist Global Medical Affairs Oncology (Solid Tumor)Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will support the development and execution of global medical affairs strategy for Amgens inline and pipeline portfolio of assets in Thoracic Oncology, including evidence generation, expanded access programs, communications, and global external engagement.
- Contribute to global medical strategy through deep understanding of medical practice
- Support the Global Medical Affairs Team
- Support the development and execution of global medical affairs strategy including medical insight generation and translation into medical strategy
- Support the development and execution of global medical external stakeholder engagement strategy to strengthen external understanding of the unmet need and medical value of the products for appropriate patients via opinion leaders, advocacy groups, patient groups, professional societies, and payers
- Support the development and execution of global medical evidence generation strategy to shape medical practice, including investigator sponsored studies
- Support the development and execution of global medical communication and evidence generation strategy to support the value proposition of Amgens products and maximize access and reimbursement
- Support the development and execution of a global medical communication strategy including clinical narrative framework, scientific platform, core content, medical education, and advisory boards
- Support the continued build-up of Amgens reputation as a reliable science-based and patient focused partner
- Support the development and execution of Global Expanded Access programs
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Scientist professional we seek is a leader with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- MD/DO degree from an accredited medical school
- OR PhD
- OR PharmD
- MD plus accredited fellowship in Hematology-Oncology, board certified or board eligible
- 2+ years Medical Affairs experience in the biopharmaceutical industry (biotech, pharmaceutical or CRO) that includes collaborations with integrated delivery networks, accountable care organizations, and/or payers
- 2+ years of clinical research experience and/or basic science combined with clinical teaching and patient care activities
- Experience with stakeholder engagement and interactions (e.g. opinion leaders, advocacy groups, payers)
- In-depth understanding of scientific method and clinical applications based on medical, scientific and practical rationale
- Familiarity with concepts of clinical research, clinical trial design, real world evidence, and biostatistics
- Sound scientific/medical judgment
- Familiarity with regulations and guidelines that govern pharma industry practices
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.