We’re seeking a Receptionist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
As a member of our Office Management and Facilities teams, you’ll play a key role in enabling the growth and dynamism of a leading biotechnology firm. We’re seeking an extremely punctual, detail-oriented, and highly-organized individual who can prioritize and process a multitude of daily requests across departments and seniority levels, and who can start work on September 14.
Who will love this job:
- A natural helper who’s always eager to find new ways of pitching in whenever necessary
- A flexible teammate with a great sense of humor
- A consummate professional who understands discretion when handling sensitive or confidential information
- A proficient administrator who takes pride in being part of a growing and dynamic organization
What you’ll do:
- Establish, maintain, and manage reception practices at the front desk of our Downtown Portland office, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm (this includes greeting and directing visitors, answering and routing phone calls, aiding guest entry, etc.)
- Collaborate with Office Manager and Administration on conference room scheduling, event management, and catering
- Cultivate a positive relationship with building management, security teams and vendors
- Support Facilities by assisting with the stocking office snacks, refreshments, and supplies (occasional light lifting required)
- Route deliveries, mail, and package shipments to appropriate floors, rooms, and mailboxes
- Assist with on and off-site event planning for company wellness, team building, and holiday events
- Organize and submit monthly expense reports
- Aid visiting employees/admins with travel arrangements, which includes maintaining relationships with local hotels, car service providers, and restaurants
What you should have:
- At least one year of reception or office administration experience
- GSuite proficiency (Gmail, GCalendar, etc.) and familiarity with Microsoft Office, Expensify, WebEx, Skype, and Zoom (knowledge of other Internet applications is a plus!)
- A warm, polished, welcoming disposition and a professional demeanor
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events.
We’ve been working remotely from across the world over the past year because the health and safety of our employees is paramount. Nonetheless, we have kept Schrödinger’s outstanding culture going through a series of online fitness classes, trivia nights, happy hours, and so much more.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.