PK/PD Modeling Scientist
We are looking to hire a PK/PD Modeling Scientist to join us in our mission to discover and develop drugs that improve human health through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We are seeking outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery group and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery programs and collaborations.
Our drug discovery and early clinical development team includes a cross-functional group of scientists and drug developers with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers as well as a large-scale compute infrastructure to apply our proprietary physics-based drug design and optimization platform. Ten of the programs we’ve worked on have progressed into preclinical development with four currently in clinical trials and one approved by the FDA.
Who will love this job:
- Motivated and enthusiastic scientist who enjoys pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) modeling
- A good communicator who wants to work on multi-disciplinary teams
What you will do:
- Collaborate as a key contributor to Schrödinger’s drug discovery and development programs across multiple therapeutic areas
- Work within multi-disciplinary project teams on both internal and partnered programs to develop quantitative dose- and exposure-response relationships, support the development of in vitro assays and in vivo models, and generate data that inform preclinical-to-clinical, translational PK/PD models
- Assist teams to design PK/PD studies, perform data analysis and provide data interpretation
- Perform PK/PD modeling and simulation to support the prediction of human efficacious doses and regimens
- Write modeling reports to support regulatory submissions
- Note: for candidates with relevant interest/expertise there may be the opportunity to collaborate and maintain an active relationship with Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics colleagues on ongoing programs as they proceed into the clinic
What you should have:
- Ph.D in life sciences, chemical engineering, pharmacokinetics, pharmaceutical sciences or related discipline
- Prior experience (up to 2 years) working in drug discovery or development or post-doctoral research related to PK/PD modeling is preferred
- Training and experience in pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics and ability to analyse PK/PD data
- Working knowledge of PK/PD modeling and familiarity with modeling software such as MatLab/Simbiology and Phoenix WinNonlin
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills
The company is open to considering candidates who need work VISA sponsorship for this role.
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.