We’re seeking a Frontend Engineer to aid us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the world’s largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of novel therapeutics and materials. FEP+, Glide, Maestro, WaterMap, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of the LiveDesign team, you’ll join a group of passionate engineers, entrepreneurs, scientists, and tinkerers in their efforts to develop a rich web application that allows scientists to leverage the power of physics-based simulations through all stages of the drug discovery process. Using your love of web development and eye for coding quality, you will play an essential role in virtual experimentation on massive compute grids and the analysis of the resulting data.
Who will love this job:
- A proficient integrator of RESTful web services
- A source controller (i.e., Git, SVN) who has experience with asynchronous and event driven programming on a real project
- A computer scientist with an interest in chemistry, physics, or biology
- An excellent verbal and written communicator with great interpersonal skills
- An independent time manager who’s enthusiastic about learning new methods to solve challenging problems
What you’ll do:
- Work with product designers, touch the full technology stack, and use your own judgement to fill in gaps as you deliver features and functionality to meet business and product goals
- Collaborate with other frontend engineers to architect solutions
- Work with a cross-functional agile team of geographically disparate members
- Design and build usable interfaces that scale
- Implement features using appropriate software design patterns and best practices
- Participate in code reviews
- Implement integration tests and unit tests to drive development
- Demonstrate shippable quality code to achieve story acceptance
What you’ll need:
- At least four years of web development experience
- An ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code for UI components
- Familiarity with Python / Web Services is a plus
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.