Scientific Software Developer
Schrödinger aims to revolutionize drug and materials discovery with its physics-based molecular simulation software. We license this software to researchers all over the world and also use it to advance our own internal drug discovery efforts.
We're seeking a Scientific Software Developer with a strong background in computational chemistry or computational physics to join our Prime team. The ideal candidate has extensive experience developing software in the field of protein structure prediction and induced fit docking. The candidate should also be familiar with and eager to adopt good software engineering practices. Schrödinger has a strong commitment to engineering as well as science and uses continuous integration, extensive testing, and code review as part of our daily practices.
Who will love this job:
- A tinkerer who likes tearing things apart to see how they work
- A programmer who enjoys discovering clearer, more maintainable ways of writing code
- A scientist who wants to play a key role in the development of high-quality computational drug discovery technology that’s used for real-world projects at major pharma firms
- An excellent verbal and written communicator
What you'll do:
- Distil you and your colleagues’ scientific ideas into efficient, testable algorithms
- Transform existing technology into previously unconsidered use-cases
- Impact the field of scientific programming by reviewing and advising others on best coding practices
What you should have:
- Ph.D. in computational chemistry, chemical physics, or a related field
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux, Fortran/C/C++, and Python
- Experience developing scientific tools to validate novel algorithms
- Peer-reviewed publications in computational chemistry or related fields
- Broad knowledge of algorithms used in computational drug discovery is desirable
- Background in the one of the following areas is a plus: protein-loop prediction algorithms; protein conformational search algorithms with or without ligand induced fit; all-atom implicit solvent models or statistical potentials
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.