Developer, Force Fields
We’re seeking a Scientific Software Developer to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the tools we’ve created.
As a member of our Force Fields team, you’ll apply sound engineering fundamentals and test-driven development to write clear, highly-organized, and maintainable code. Your work will support the development of atomistic physics-based models with unprecedented levels of accuracy to facilitate breakthroughs in computer-aided chemical discovery.
Who will love this job:
- A proficient Python programmer who understands object-oriented software development
- A student of chemistry, biology, or physics who’s eager to use software to solve scientific problems
What you’ll do:
- Work on core force field libraries in Python and C++
- Collaborate with scientists to explore and implement new force field terms
- Upgrade and optimize existing workflows for scalability and reliability
What you should have:
- A Master’s or PhD in Chemistry, Biology, Physics, or a related field
- Intermediate-level knowledge of the Python programming language
- At least two years of professional or open-source software development experience
- An interest in adopting best engineering practices
Desirable qualifications include:
- Familiarity with the application of molecular simulation and QM methods in model validation
- C++ programming experience
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.