Scientist I/II (Preclinical Neuroscience)
Neurona Therapeutics is an early stage biotechnology company based in South San Francisco focused on the development of neuronal cell-based therapies for neurological diseases. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who has a passion for scientific research. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small team, work on transformative science, and take part in building an exciting, science-driven company.
We have an opening for a Preclinical Neuroscientist who will contribute to ongoing programs and build new animal models to study modulation of neural circuits and support translational development of cellular therapeutics.
This Preclinical Neuroscientist is an Exempt role reporting to the VP, Preclinical Development.
- Planning, designing, executing and analyzing preclinical studies in neurological models that integrate anatomical, behavioral and physiological endpoints to understand the safety and efficacy of transplanted neural cells into the brain and spinal cord
- Establishing new preclinical models and performing in vivo and histological activities required to support translational development
- Close collaboration with a cross-disciplinary teams and external groups to coordinate and drive complex studies
- Training and supervising research associates
- Clearly communicating results in written and oral formats
- Maintaining notebooks and electronic files associated with each experiment
- Preparing scientific presentations and manuscripts for publication
- Developing and authoring SOPs, IACUC protocols, study protocols, reports and other scientific and quality documents
Required Qualifications/Skills, Education/Experience:
- PhD in neuroscience (or equivalent) with demonstrated productivity in the neuroscience field as evidenced by a strong publication record
- Well-versed in developing in vivo models for preclinical studies
- Expertise in rodent neuroanatomy, stereotaxic surgery, animal behavior and histology
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team and contribute in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to thoroughly document and effectively present scientific data
- High energy and passion for drug discovery and development
For immediate consideration, please apply online via our website: http://www.neuronatherapeutics.com/careers/
Neurona is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.