Scientist - Aging - Protien Production
The Aging/Age-Related Disorders group at Regeneron is committed to discovering novel targets and innovative medicines to treat Age-Related disorders through an enhanced understanding of the mechanisms of Aging. We are seeking someone with strong command of protein biochemistry; production of therapeutic proteins, molecular biology, biochemistry, in vitro assay development, and who could help analyze protein samples from in vivo pharmacology experiments, to help advance the understanding of age-related disorders, and provide validation for new projects.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A SCIENTIST IN THE AGING GROUP MAY LOOK LIKE:
• Design and execute both cell-based and biochemical assays to support the characterization and evaluation of novel molecules for Age-Related Disorder applications.
• Drive the development of cell-based assays, or other novel technologies needed to innovate around technical or scientific obstacles.
• Identify and study potential novel biologies, mechanisms, modalities, and/or therapeutic targets using a wide range of approaches.
• Support technology development for improving the delivery of novel therapeutics to regions of interest.
• Design rigorous and appropriate experiments to address core questions, and rigorously analyze and evaluate resultant data.
• Present data both internally and externally, and productively participate in discussions in our collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
• Motivate, develop, and supervise research associates.
THIS MAY BE THE ROLE FOR YOU IF:
- You work optimally in an independent or team setting
- You want to contribute to novel target discovery efforts in collaboration with multiple therapeutic focus areas
- You enjoy presenting data both internally and externally, and efficiently participate in discussions in our collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- You want to motivate, develop, and supervise research associates.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED QUALIFIED FOR THE ROLE YOU MUST:
This position requires a minimum of a PhD and 3+ years of relevant experience post degree. A background in small scale protein expression, protein folding, protein purification is required.
Experiences should include:
- Excellent publication record is highly desirable
- Ability to both work independently
- Managerial experience desireable but not required.
- Broad knowledge of molecular biology, biochemistry, histology, aseptic cell culturing and in vitro assay development
- Experience with differentiation of ES or hIPCs highly desirable
- Experience with antisense oligonucleotides, siRNA and/or CRISPR technologies preferable
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.