Scientist, Bioassay Development - Cell Imaging
Regeneron's Bioassay group in the Therapeutic Proteins Department seeks a motivated and energetic Scientist with expertise in biological assay development to support screening and lead candidate selection.
A Typical Day In the Role of Scientist Might Look Like:
- Isolate/process immune cells from human blood samples
- Develop human primary cell-based functional assays
- Develop cell-based functional assays using engineered-immortalized cells
- Mammalian cell culture of adherent and non-adherent cell lines
- Operate a variety of instruments including but not limited to: flow cytometers, confocal microscopes, plate readers, and liquid handlers.
- Set up and run bioassays for screening and potency measurements
- Provide Weekly presentations/verbal updates
- 8Keep abreast of current/relevant literature in order to further develop scientific expertise and expand scientific/technical knowledge and skill sets
- You have initiative and interest in ground breaking science
- You are capable of multi-tasking, working both independently and in a team environment
The successful candidate should possess a PhD with 0-3 yrs proven ability to successfully design, analyze, and troubleshoot bioassays, including but not limited to, engineered cell-based reporter assays, and primary cell activation assays. Experience with cell imaging assays is highly desirable. Candidate should have a strong immunology background and thorough understanding of immune cell development and response to immune activating stimuli.