Scientist (Cell Therapy and Biologics)
We are seeking a highly motivated Scientist to join the Cell Therapy team at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals as we work towards deploying the immune system to fight cancer. We are looking for an individual who will incorporate cutting-edge technologies to steer core discovery and engineering efforts for the development of transformative T cell therapies. These efforts will entail armoring cellular T cell therapies (CAR-T and TCR) and engineering specificity to multiple antigens.
As a Scientist on the Cell Therapy team, a typical day could include the following:
- Design novel chimeric receptors using molecular/synthetic biology and gene editing
- Design cell lines expressing an antigen of interest and utilizing techniques to remove expression of targeted genes
- Cell processing and expansion of T cell cultures
- Conduct and interpret immunoassay results with human immune cells (ELISA, ELISpot, cytotoxicity assays, gene expression analyses, advanced microscopy)
- Multi-parameter flow cytometry (FACS) will be utilized heavily
- Continually characterize new technologies and assay formats for T-cell functional evaluation to increase the productivity, confidence, and efficiency in lead selection
- Perform anti-tumor efficacy and MOA studies in vivo
- Data analysis using a combination of FlowJo, Prism, Spotfire, Excel
- Compile results across experiments and programs and clearly present results using Powerpoint to multi-disciplinary teams and senior management
- Keep an up-to-date Electronic Laboratory Notebook
This role may be for you if:
- You possess strong organizational and time-management skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- You are a team player with a demonstrated ability to work independently to design experiments, interpret data, and adapt experimental design based on emerging data
- You can effectively collaborate across multiple cross-functional teams
- You can clearly communicate results, both verbally and written
In order to be considered for this position, you must have a Ph.D. and at least three of post-doctoral or industry experience with a focus in a related field (immunology, immuno-oncology, T cell therapy, protein engineering, etc.) with a strong publication record. An understanding of T cell biology, cell therapy, transduction protocols, tumor modeling, and multiparameter flow cytometry is required for this role. We are seeking a highly-organized and innovative problem-solver able to clearly communicate findings to internal multi-disciplinary teams. Experience using general biochemical and cell based assays to characterize T cell function is a plus.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.