R&D Associate, Assay Develpment
Regeneron's Assay Development Group (ADG), located in Tarrytown NY, is seeking a motivated R&D Associate to join the group. In this exciting role, you will assist the Assay Development Group (ADG) to perform immunoassays under limited supervision and troubleshoot assay-related problems with assistance of his/her supervisor.A Typical Day in the Role Might Look Like:
- Performs immunoassays (e.g., ELISA) under limited supervision, based on protocols provided by supervisor and other scientists. Troubleshoots assay-related problems with assistance of his/her supervisor. May assist with screening of reagents for use in immunoassay methods.
- May perform multiple assays within the same day.
- Regularly reports back to supervisor on progress of work. Summarizes and presents results to supervisor in a logical manner, verbally and in written reports.
- Communicates effectively with supervisor and other personnel within ADG.
- Writes assay validation protocols for review by supervisor and/or Study Director. Performs validation experiments and summarizes results in a tabular manner. May draft validation reports and bioanalytical method procedures (BMPs) for review by the Study Director.
- Performs Long Term Stability (LTS) testing for validated methods with limited supervision.
- May train on validated bioanalytical methods with limited supervision to perform sample analysis, if needed.
- Maintains GLP compliance for all laboratory work and documentation related to assay validations in accordance with FDA regulations and company SOPs.
- May be responsible for the preparation of reagents and buffers for use within ADG, if needed.
- Maintains cleanliness of individual and communal work areas.
- Learns and complies with safety requirements of his/her laboratory. Recognizes potential safety problems and acts to correct them.
- Possess the desire and ability to work in a team environment.
- Possess a passion for science and innovation with a strong commitment to continual improvement and making significant contributions in a collaborative environment.
This role requires a Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in biology or a related field with 0-5 years or Master’s Degree (M.S.) with 0-2 years proven experience is desirable. Experience with Immunoassays a plus. Experience in a lab setting using ELISA preferred.