R&D Specialist, Analytical Chemistry
Regeneron Pharmaceutical’s Analytical Chemistry Group, located at Tarrytown NY, is seeking a Research Specialist. In this role you will be working in a state-of-the-art mass spectrometry lab and developing mass spectrometry analytical methods for therapeutic protein product analysis. You will focus on the characterization of therapeutic protein at all stages of development, developing LC/MS methods for protein primary structure analysis, disulfide linkage determination, carbohydrate profiling, protein variant structural determination and post-translational modifications. The individual will also be involved in developing innovative mass spectrometry technologies to support Regeneron's upstream R&D programs. The ideal candidate will have a background in protein mass spectrometry, good interpersonal skills and communication ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams to achieve program goals.
A TYPICAL DAY IN THE ROLE OF R&D SPECIALIST MIGHT LOOK LIKE:
- Develop LC-MS based analytical methods to support the analytical characterization of biotherapeutics, including monoclonal antibody, bispecific, Fc-fusion protein, and other modalities;
- Execute LC-MS-based experiments to elucidate and determine product quality attributes, risk assessment and control strategies, including PTMs, Sequence Variants, and product and process related impurities i.e. charge variants, size variants, etc., to address emerging challenges;
- Perform LC-MS data analysis using various software and bioinformatic tools;
- Document experiments, results and findings in electronic laboratory notebook (ELN); presents work at the group and project meetings; participates in the writing of technical reports, SOPs, and analytical method protocols, etc.;
- Summarize results in a concise format (graphs, figures, tables, etc.) to support presentations, peer reviewed publications, regulatory documents, etc.;
- Participate in general lab and instrument maintenance
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
- You are results-driven
- You thrive in a creative, flexible team environment
- You have strong initiative and seek to complete results-oriented tasks and learn new technologies related to Analytical Chemistry.
- You are capable of multi-tasking, working both independently and within a team culture.
This role requires a BS or MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field with 0-5 years post-graduate experience in mass spectrometry. Experience in LC-MS based protein, peptide and PTM analysis is preferred. A strong collaborator with cross-functional teams and external partners is desired. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are highly preferred.