Senior Director – Development Analytics
The Senior Director Global Development (GD) Metrics and Analytics will provide leadership, oversight and technical/operational direction to the Metrics and Analytics organization to build a robust and fit for purpose business analytics capability. In this role, you'll be responsible for fostering a culture that adopts the strategic use of data to facilitate informed decision making for Regeneron’s clinical development portfolio. This role will identify the challenges and potential data, analytics and visualization solutions to meet the needs of Global Development groups.In this role, a typical day may include:
- Building, leading and continuously improving a business analytics capability for Development Operations and Portfolio Management (DO&PM) that provides prospective and retrospective measurements of cost, productivity, efficiency, quality, and compliance to facilitate timely, informed decision making.
- Leading collation, analysis, interpretation and presentation of performance measures. This includes management of performance-based briefing material for DO&PM leadership and senior management that identifies trends, gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Functioning as a knowledge base and resource to project teams.
- Serving as a point of escalation and resolution for the Clinical Analytics organization.
- Being accountable for the development, implementation and governance of scorecards(s) evaluating clinical trial performance and quality, including analytics and performance measures to support assessments of vendor and process performance
- Advising and strategizing with DO&PM leadership as well as Global Development leadership and Finance as appropriate, to set appropriate performance targets, report progress towards those targets, and proactively manage goal delivery
- Collaborating closely with Global Development Solutions and Global Development functional leads to ensure the integrity of the data.
- Developing and supervising maintenance of global catalog of metrics standards/definitions.
- Supervising and participating in external benchmarking studies and collaborations to drive continuous improvement and innovation in analytics and resource planning
You have a thorough understanding of the drug development process, gained by direct work experience in Clinical Development in the biopharmaceutical industry or a CRO
You have good understanding of all operational processes required to deliver a clinical development program from first-in-human to post-approval
You have extensive experience in performance metrics and reporting, analytics, goal setting, and balanced score cards associated with clinical trial planning, management and execution.
You have ability to translate sophisticated business questions and requirements and develop effective solutions
You have excellent analytical and financial skills
You are an influential leader with the ability to motivate and encourage staff
You are a self-motivated teammate who works effectively under pressure
To be considered, you'll need to have a Bachelor's degree in a related field and a minimum of 10 years of relevant industry experience within pharma/biotech, a CRO or consulting. An MS or MBA is highly desirable. At least five years of functional leadership or managerial experience is also required. Global experience is also preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.