R&D Specialist, Antibody Engineering
We are seeking an R&D Specialist – Antibody Engineering to join our rapid-expanding antibody engineering team within Bispecific Antibody Department at Regeneron. We are seeking a candidate to work on exciting projects to develop novel bispecific molecules across multiple therapeutic areas such as oncology, immunology, infectious disease, muscle/metabolism and neurosciences in our state-of-the-art research facility. The main responsibilities will be to support the workflow of novel bispecific antibody design, production, screening and in vitro characterization. Additionally, you will support the development of novel protein modality and the screening platform.
As an R&D Specialist - Antibody Engineering, a typical day may include the following:
• Design and construct novel bispecific or multi-specific antibodies
• Express (transfect), purify, quantify, and characterize novel antibodies
• Apply molecular biology techniques (cloning, PCR, SDS-PAGE, Western blotting) for DNA and protein generation and characterization
• Develop cell-based functional assays using engineered cell lines and primary cells
• Perform in vitro biochemical and cell-based assays (ELISA, flow cytometry binding, reporter assay, proliferation assay, cytokine assay, cytotoxicity assay, immunofluorescence imaging assay)
• Analyze data, troubleshoot experiments, provide accurate summary to the management and present in group meetings
• Manage and organize data from a large number of molecule; maintain up-to-date database files
• Maintain complete, accurate, and timely record of experiments and data analysis
• Communicate and collaborate to achieve shared project goals
This role may be for you if:
• You have strong organizational, time-management, and presentation skills
• You want to create innovative solutions to challenging problems
• You have excellent communication skills in presentation and coordination
• You want to be an active participant of teamwork within the Bispecifics department and collaborations with cross-functional groups
• You are a fast learner
• You want to advance your career by expanding your knowledge and skill sets in a cutting-edge environment
To be considered for this role, you must have a BS+ 5 years of experience or a MS + 3 years of experience in biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology or immunology and working in academia or industry. We are seeking an individual skilled in protein purification, molecular biology and cell culture techniques. A strong background in protein purification and/or molecular biology and cell biology is required. Experience with tissue culture, handling cell lines and flow cytometry /FACS is highly desired. We would be willing to train on biochemical and cell-based assays. Knowledge in structural biology is a plus. Incumbent should have experience in designing well-controlled experiments that can provide reliable results and should be able to analyze data and extract conclusions. Support the increasing and exciting unmet demand for cloning, production, purification and functional characterization of novel bispecific or multispecific antibody projects.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.