Scientific Business Analyst (Research and Pre-clinical Development)
We are looking for a Scientific Business Analyst (Research and Pre-clinical Development) to lead scientific-related business needs assessment, as well as facilitate the discovery, design, build and implementation of IT solutions. You will work with scientists and laboratory personnel to understand their business processes and suggest improvement opportunities to enhance end-user experience in Velocigene technology center.
A typical day may include:
- Work closely with end-users and technical team members to translate high-level business and user requirements into functional and design specifications using structured business and technical analysis and data modeling techniques (e.g. activity diagrams, entity-relationship diagrams, etc.)
- Decompose and develop business user requirements into a user story backlog
- Value based prioritization and refinement of the user story backlog in collaboration with business stakeholders and delivery teams
- Act as the technical and scientific resource specialist to software development staff in all phases of the development and implementation process
- Participate in user research, usability and acceptance testing
- Proactively identify new and potentially beneficial external informatics solutions for unmet needs in Research and partner with the appropriate scientists to evaluate the utility of these solutions and their compatibility with the overall research strategy
- Partner with research scientists and technical teams to understand and define system goals and technical system requirements
- Understand system interdependencies and collaborate with project teams accordingly
- Assist in evaluating cost-benefit and return on investment analyses
- Must be able to handle a variety of tasks, effectively solve problems with numerous and complex variables, and be able to shift priorities as needed
- Train, develop and manage junior scientific business analysts
- Identifies strategic opportunities and alignments among Research and preclinical Development-IT initiatives that can yield greater impact beyond a project or program scope.
- Contributes to the definition, implementation and governance of the BA practices and processes for Research and preclinical Development IT
- May lead or supervise a small team (e.g., 1 - 3 people), assigning day-to-day work.
- Use your Business Analyst experience to enable the delivery of new business capabilities that are required to drive key strategic objective.
- Understand the business processes associated with the project and ensures the solution is designed and built to meet client business requirements and is fit for its intended use. Support end-user technology training and communications.
This job might be for you if:
- You have a collaborative, agile approach to drive speedy, creative and efficient use of technology and data to drive business value across IT.
- You are able to creatively and constructively challenge designs to ensure simplicity and supportability.
- You are capable of translating and presenting concepts into practical business terms in both small and large group settings.
- You have the ability to think analytically and interpret relevant data and information.
To be considered for this role, you must have a Bachelor's degree as well as at least 5 years of relevant scientific Research experience (e.g., biologic and/or small molecule drug discovery, cell biology, molecular biology, immunology, and/or in vivo studies). 2-3 years data, business analyst or relevant IT project role. Demonstrable experience leading small –midsize projects. Experience in business process & requirements gathering through execution. Demonstrated experience with creating & producing genetically modified animals to support our VelocigeneTM technology center. Solid ability to collaborate with business functional leaders, across all levels in the business supported organization and with technologists, to define business processes, analyze operational efficiencies, implement creative solutions and measure delivery results. Experience with critical functional data and management processes, and data integration. Experience with data visualization tools such as Qlik, Tableau, or Spotfire.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.