R&D Specialist (Oncolytic Viruses)
Regeneron is currently seeking a R&D Specialist to join our Infectious Diseases team; in a virology focused technology development group. The individual will work on the development and assessment of novel oncolytic viruses.
As an R&D Specialist, a typical day may include the following:
- Conduct in vivo tumor studies with oncolytic viruses
- Process tissue for RNA based assays (qPCR, RNAseq) and IHC
- Design and analyze qPCR assays
- Perform and troubleshoot in vitro virological assays
- Clone and generate viruses
- Generate cell lines with CRISPR and/or lentivirus transduction
- Maintain and culture cells as necessary
This role may be for you if:
- You are adaptable and have the ability to change tasks as needed
- You enjoy working in a fast-pace environment and have the ability to multi-task and learn new techniques
To be considered for this role, you must have a MS + 2 year of experience or a BS + 5 years of experience. At least a year of experience with animal work is also required. Experience with animal studies, particularly with tumor models. Basic proficiency in molecular biology and cell culture are also required. Preferred to have experience in virology, handling infectious agents, qPCR, cloning, IHC/microscopy, and/or other molecular biology techniques.