Medical Specialist - Ophthalmology Sales - Austin TX
Our Medical Specialists, Ophthalmology, are at the forefront of engaging retina specialists and other key customers in the specialty of DME. We need someone who is highly proficient in presenting clinically-focused sales messaging that resonates and compels potential and existing customers to take action. Our ideal candidate must be driven by the highest degree of integrity and appreciation for always doing what is right – aligned with our core beliefs and values. We see this as an outstanding opportunity to join a fast-paced, results-oriented team if you are up for the challenge. This territory includes Austin to San Antonio TX.
As a Medical Specialist in Ophthalmology, a typical day may include:
- Develop strategy and execute tactics within key designated accounts in the retina/ophthalmology area to establish, generate and expand market share
- Responsible for crafting and maintaining Account Profiles. (KOL’s, Target HCPs, HCPs, etc.)
- Proactively identifies business opportunities with and leads appropriate coordination of effort by the Regeneron account team, e.g. supports pull-through activity with accounts
- Develop and execute integrated Account Plans based upon customer and market insights (via collaborative efforts across Regeneron Matrix/functional partners)
- Establish relationships and develop rapport with designated account health care professionals and key partners; ultimately facilitating access to key decision makers and assisting in coordinating executive engagements at designated accounts.
- Lead local market analysis and gather insights in partnership with Regeneron functional partners to find opportunities, align responsibilities and prioritize activities supporting business & patient needs
- Executing branded and non-branded business objectives for assigned accounts
- Presents the assigned Regeneron brands and services in a professional, compliant, ethical and effective manner; helping external customers understand the benefits of our brands/support services
- Monitors operating costs and compliance with territory budget
- Follows all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Regeneron activities
- Bachelors degree in science or business (MBA Preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years’ specialty sales experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry
- Experience in biologics and buy and bill products; Ophthalmology experience including retina preferred
- Demonstrated history of high sales performance
- Experience with reimbursement programs, government programs, managed care, formulary and contract negotiation
- Outstanding interpersonal, selling, presentation, influencing skills: you have highly developed consultative selling skills and help your customers find solutions to their needs or problems. You meet or exceed objectives.
- Business travel, by air or car, is required
- Must live within the assigned geography
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.