Senior Director, Development Program Management
Using extensive program management knowledge and experience in the drug development industry, the Senior Director, Development Program Manager (DPM) acts as operational lead for Regeneron’s Oncology portfolio. We are seeking an individual to lead several Oncology programs and partner closely with the Global Program Head, Clinical Lead and strategic program team to develop and execute the oncology program strategy. You will drive strategic & tactical planning, program budget preparation / management (through working closely with Finance) and work closely with external partners. This position will lead a team of 3-5 program managers and is responsible for accurate planning and communication of status for the portfolio of programs.A typical day may include:
- Providing operational leadership, direction and support to the individual program teams and Oncology DPM team.
- Independently assessing the needs of the programs and working with the DPMs to help guide operational decisions to support the requirements for achieving the portfolio goals.
- Facilitating achievement of strategic goals and monitors ongoing progress of key project/program results against Regeneron’s overall goals, including the identification of potential risks and contingency plans; Being responsible for crafting a coordinated plan for all programs in the portfolio.
- Acting as a key liaison in the interactions between Regeneron and our corporate partners/collaborators or vendors.
- Preparing, providing input, and managing the process involving major presentations for joint collaboration meetings – effecting key business decisions; facilitating and driving decision making in support of the joint strategic objectives.
- Defining, designing and implementing new processes and tools to ensure vertical and horizontal integration across functional areas and the organization.
- Identifying and analyzing problems, building tasks, and developing solutions to cross-program, cross-functional or organizational issues.
- Driving processes to support innovative approaches for sharing information among teams and within the organization.
- Ensuring effective, accurate and timely communication of key issues and progress to the team and Sr. Management.
- Partnering with the Global Program Head to identify and communicate program goals and plans that allow the team to remain organized and focused.
- Proactively identifying and critically analyzing problems affecting the programs, processes and people issues that may the overall efficiency of the program.
- Developing viable and long-lasting solutions along with contingency and troubleshooting plans as needed. Identifying risk mitigation plans.
- Managing and assigning resources within your team and ensuring the team is learning and able to deliver along with the Oncology portfolio.
- Having responsibility for employee development, guiding team members on project level issues as well mentorship and career development. Providing meaningful assignments that furthers growth and development.
- Having ongoing career development conversations, understanding what motivates each team member and actively incorporating the employee(s)’ perspective into assignments and development opportunities.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
You know how to use data and relationships to convince others to take action.
You are not afraid to speak truth, especially when internal conflicts are causing delays or program noise. You’re seen as unbiased and objective.
You demonstrate excellent people leadership skills, as well as collaborative efforts with relevant partners within and outside Regeneron.
You’re adept at setting clear goals and have regular check ins to measure progress and change direction as needed. You provides clear and actionable feedback.
You have strong level of cross-functional technical knowledge, and a proven track record in Project Management in drug development / pharmaceutical industry.
You understand the connection points between research, development, manufacturing, regulatory, and commercial and understand lifecycle management.
You can independently apply appropriate level of technical knowledge (e.g. functional, scientific, drug development, Project Management) and exhibit a high degree of creativity and resourcefulness to influence projects and functions.
To be considered, you’ll need a BS/MS with 15+ years in healthcare/pharmaceutical/biotechnology field in project/program management roles within global development. Prior experience managing and leading others will be highly valued.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.