Scientist (Cell Therapy - Immuno-Oncology)
We are seeking a Scientist to join the Immuno-Oncology team at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in harnessing the power of the immune system to fight cancer. We are looking for a candidate who will develop and utilize cutting-edge technologies to create next-generation engineered cellular therapies (e.g., CAR-T and TCR-T cells) with enhanced and controllable anti-tumor activities.
As a Scientist on the Immuno-Oncology team, a typical day may include the following:
• Utilize molecular/synthetic biology and gene editing techniques to design, troubleshoot, implement, and evaluate novel cell therapy concepts in both cell lines and primary T cells
• Manipulate and maintain primary human T cells in culture for subsequent in vitro and in vivo analyses
• Develop and optimize a variety of immunoassays to evaluate the function of engineered cell therapies, including the use of flow cytometry and gene
expression analyses, ELISA analysis, and cytotoxicity assays
• Prepare powerpoint and other documents summarizing data, keep an
electronic laboratory notebook
• Contribute to the development of cell therapy programs at Regeneron by
collaborating with the cell therapy team (in small and larger format meetings) to develop and implementing novel strategies to enhance cell-based therapies for the treatment of cancer
• Clearly communicate results to research management and cell therapy
This role may be for you if:
• You have a strong background and interest in immunology, immune cell therapies (CAR T and TCR T), synthetic biology, and/or gene editing
• You are a problem-solver and highly organized, with an attention to detail and good time management skills
• You are a strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and a proven ability to work independently
• You have the ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
This position requires a Ph.D. and at least 3 years of postdoctoral experience (or 3 years of industry experience) working in a related field (immunology/immuno-oncology, cell therapy, molecular biology, biomedical engineering, etc.) with a strong publication record. Experience working with cell-based techniques, including the culture, propagation, and engineering of primary human T cells and tumor cell lines is required. We are seeking
experience with basic techniques in molecular biology, synthetic biology,
protein design, and immune cell profiling by multi-parameter flow cytometry (FACS) analysis. Additionally, experience with gene delivery methods such as lentiviral transduction, and CRISPR/Cas9-mediated genome manipulation are preferred. Experience with animal models of anti-tumor immunotherapies is a plus, but not required. Proficiency in standard scientific software used for data analysis (e.g., MacVector, Microsoft Excel, and Prism), as well as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint is required.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.